- "Fear Resurrected"
|Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood attraction|
|Universal Monsters: Music by Slash|
|Attraction type||Haunted Maze|
|Event||Halloween Horror Nights 2018|
|Park||Universal Studios Hollywood|
|Housed in||Parisian Courtyard|
|Based on||Universal Classic Monsters|
|Preceded By||Universal Monsters Remix: Resurrection (2013)|
|Followed By||Universal Monsters: Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man (2019)|
Description[edit | edit source]
Inspired by Universal’s legendary horror films, the Universal Monsters maze features an original score produced and composed by Grammy award winning musician, SLASH, it will shake horror fans to the core with a petrifying modern rendition.
After decades of rot and decay as they lay mouldering in their graves, The Universal Monsters’s disdain for the living has risen to a bloodthirsty, all consuming level! Invade their eternal resting place and witness the bone chilling resurrection of Frankenstein’s Monster, Dracula, The Phantom Of The Opera and The Wolf Man, among others. As they rise from the dead, thirsty for revenge, you will fall victim to the terrifying images and stories that helped invent the horror film genre.
Horror Films[edit | edit source]
- The Invisible Man
- The Phantom Of The Opera
- The Wolf Man
- The Mummy
- The Bride Of Frankenstein
Scareactors[edit | edit source]
- Frankenstein's Monster x5
- Living Statues
- The Wolfman x5
- Living Corpses x2
- Angry Villagers x4
- Invisible Man
- The Phantom of the Opera x4
- Living Skeleton Statues x2
- Dracula's Brides x2
- The Mummy x2
- The Bride of Frankenstein
- Dr. Victor Henry Frankenstein
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Soundtrack[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There are some notable names on the gravestones outside of the house.
- Many Universal Monsters and sayings are spray painted on the facade.
- In the Collection Room scene, there are actual props from both The Scorpion King (2002) and The Mummy (1999).
- Some of the film canisters in the Vault room are of "Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde", "The Man Who Laughs", & The Hunchback Of Notre Dame - 1923"
- The symbol in the Blood Feast scene is called "The Order of the Dragon" that Vlad Dracul, the inspiration for Bram's Stoker's Dracula, belonged to.
- Murdy provides the voice of Frankenstein, Imohtep, Dracula, & The Phantom of the Opera.
- This house was in the top ranking on Murdy's list that year.
- The soundtrack featured in this house was written and recorded by Lead Guitarist Slash from Guns 'N Roses & Velvet Revolver. The soundtrack would later be released as well along with a bonus track called Sweet Licks from Slashs' first house collaboration with HHN in Clowns 3D: Music by Slash from Halloween Horror Nights 2014 (Hollywood)
- John Murdy was very pleased with the response given by the fans, and that making this house based on the 20s, 30s, and 40s Monsters relevant to a modern audience was very gratifying to him.
- This was one Murdys' passion project houses.
- Universal Monsters was the maze Murdy was afraid to do, he avoided it for years because he was afraid it might fail. It's a reasonable fear even his wife had warned him but he decided that it wasn't going to fail and gave it his best try with his partner Chris and Slash to help with the music.
- Chris and Murdy had spent a lot of time on the look of the characters to start with the iconic touch of Jack Pierces' original designs and tease out the most horrific elements that were inherent in the source material.
- Murdy had elements for each monster, Frankensteins Monster is a corpse brought back to life & burned, The Brides of Dracula were like Meth addicts to him, their addiction is seen physically in their appearance only, their addiction is blood.
- Murdy had said that the key to Ygor for him was that he was a social outcast and physically repellent. Aside from the broken neck, Murdy added the boils inspired by The Baron's character in David Lynch's film Dune.
- At the time when working on this maze Murdy had moved to Ireland and would go back and forth a lot during the production.
- After the maze opened Murdy knew it was going to be a #1 maze.
- The posters in The Vault Room are remade versions of the original Universal Monsters movie posters. The posters were identical, except instead of the old Universal Monster designs, it featured the new ones made by Crash McCreary.
|Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2018|
|Haunted Mazes: Stranger Things • Trick 'r Treat • The First Purge • The Walking Dead Attraction • Poltergeist • Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers • The Horrors of Blumhouse: Chapter Two • Universal Monsters: Music by Slash|
|Terror Tram: Hollywood Harry's: Dreadtime Storyz|
|Scarezones: Holidayz in Hell • Trick 'r Treat • Monster Masquerade • Hell's Harvest • Toxxic Tunnel|