|Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood attraction|
|Universal's House of Horrors|
|Attraction type||Haunted Maze|
|Park||Universal Studios Hollywood|
|Housed in||Year-Round Haunt Venue|
|Based on||Universal Classic Monsters|
|Preceded By||Theatre of Blood (2000)|
|Followed By||Universal's House of Horrors: Meet The Strangers (2008)|
Universal's House of Horrors was one of the two haunted mazes that was featured during Halloween Horror Nights 2006 (Hollywood). The maze returned the following year during Halloween Horror Nights 2007 (Hollywood). Both mazes were located in the Year-Round Haunt Venue.
Description (2006)[edit | edit source]
Take a journey into Universal Studios' horror filled past. Come face-to-face with some of the most terrifying characters ever created at this ultimate slaughter house party. This attraction is now year-round.
Description (2007)[edit | edit source]
Step inside the shadowy catacombs and encounter a series of ever changing horror inspired by a veritable "Who's Who" of Universal Horror Stars.
Storyline[edit | edit source]
In 2006, it was a part of the “film” Pavel Praenvsky was making. The setting for the film was the frozen fortress of Vladislaus from Van Helsing (2004) which was now home to a variety of slashers.
In 2007, it was a part of Jack’s Carnival where classic movie monsters roam.
Scareactors (2006)[edit | edit source]
- Freddy Krueger
- The Wolfman (Van Helsing version)
- Michael Myers
- Skull-Faced Minions of Dracula
- Dracula's Bride
Scareactors (2007)[edit | edit source]
- Dracula's Brides
- The Mummy
- Norman Bates' Mother
- The Wolfman (Classic Version)
- Frankenstein's Monster
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The set pieces seen in the lab scene were originally from the Van Helsing film.
- John Murdy had made a cameo as the Frankenstein Monster's shadow in the attraction.
- Chris & Murdy both had cameos as shadows of zombies in one scene of the attraction.
- The Psycho section started with Mother Bates's Fruit Cellar which had a bunch of taxidermy animals, many of which were decommissioned animatronics from the queue line of the old ET ride.
- Chucky’s Workshop had a bunch of inside jokes. The design team figured since Charles Lee Ray was stuck in the body of a doll, he’d take out his anger on other dolls. Famous ventriloquist dummies like Charlie McCarthy, Howdy Doody, and Mortimer Snerd appeared in this section.
- The Mummy section featured some authentic movie artifacts from The Mummy films, including the medallion from The Scorpion King which was later repurposed for The Collection Room scene in the Universal Monsters: Music by Slash maze.
- The actual Masque of the Red Death outfit worn by Lon Chaney Sr. was featured in the attraction alongside the mask.
|Halloween Horror Nights 2006|
|Characters: The Director (Event Icon)|
|Haunted Mazes: The Asylum • Universal's House of Horrors|
|Terror Tram: Terror Tram: The Director’s Cut|
|Scarezones: The Black Death • Dawn of the Dead • Deadwood • Old London • Studio Center|
|Shows: Carnival of Carnage • Chucky's Insult Emporium • Fear Factor Live: Dead Celebrity Edition • The Mutaytor • SlaughterWorld|
|Halloween Horror Nights 2007|
|Characters: Jack the Clown (Event Icon) • Freddy Krueger • Jason Voorhees • Leatherface (Sub Icons)|
|Haunted Mazes: A Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddy's Nightmare • Friday the 13th: Camp Blood • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Back in Business • Universal's House of Horrors|
|Terror Tram: Terror Tram: Horror Comes Home|
|Scarezones: The Black Death • Zombie Invasion • Deadwood • Haunted London • HellBilly Hoedown|
|Shows: Slaughter World 2 • Chucky's Insult Emporium • Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure • Dark Magic and Dirty Tricks|