"The Rules of Halloween. Step 1. Wear a costume, 2. Hand out treats, 3. Never blow out a Jack-O-Lantern, 4. Always check your candy. Break the rules, pay the price."
|Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood attraction|
|Trick 'r Treat|
|Attraction type||Haunted Maze|
|Event||Halloween Horror Nights 2018|
|Park||Universal Studios Hollywood|
|Housed in||Mummy Queue|
|Based on||Trick 'r Treat (2007)|
Description[edit | edit source]
Experience Halloween night like never before with Trick ‘r Treat, the anthology horror film from writer and director Michael Dougherty that has become a modern horror cult classic! It is said that Halloween is the night when horrifying creatures roam free, but there are rules devised to protect us from their evil. Every year, one small town is taught a terrifying lesson that some traditions are best not forgotten. Welcome to Warren Valley, Ohio a sleepy suburban community that masks many dark secrets. A bloodthirsty visitor has come to uphold the sacred traditions of Halloween and is itching to punish rule breakers with bloody acts of vengeance! When the tricks and treats of Halloween turn deadly, you must attempt to survive the scariest night of the year. You either live by the rules or you die by them.
Scareactors[edit | edit source]
- Sam x8
- Steven Wilkins x3
- Skeleton Kid
- Upside Down Princess Girl
- Paper Bag Kid
- Vampire Kid
- Mr. Kreeg
- Bunny Kid
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When you enter Mr. Kreeg's house and you check out the stairs, there is a whole lot of fake candy brands, but also a picture of Kreeg from the film when he was the bus driver in the Halloween School Bus Massacre.
- Ten years ago, John Murdy met writer/director Michael Dougherty and discussed bringing his film Trick 'r Treat to Halloween Horror Nights. It took a decade (and they collaborated on Krampus in between) but they finally made the house.
- Murdy was holding out for this IP until an eventual sequel would be made, but it never came to be. The request from many fans wanting it at the event made him reluctantly agree, and thought this year was the right time for them to bring it to the event.
- On Twitter, Murdy had a clue game for this house involving Terror in the Aisles, a 1984 horror/documentary film. He also gave a codename for the maze, "Olympics", and it had something to do with 1984, (Olympics in LA). SAM the Eagle was the mascot for those Olympics, SAM also being the main character in Trick'r Treat.
- This maze featured three different houses from the movie, Henry & Emma's house, Principal Wilkins' house, and Mr. Kreeg's house. Murdy never recalls doing three facades in one maze while also adding a forest and a quarry as well.
- Michael Dougherty himself performed in the maze during closing weekend on one night as one of the School Bus Kids.
- Rainbow's clown outfit from the Klownz scarezone could be seen at the "Surprise Party" scene in the maze.
|Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2018|
|Haunted Mazes: Stranger Things • Trick 'r Treat • The First Purge • The Walking Dead Attraction • Poltergeist • Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers • The Horrors of Blumhouse: Chapter Two • Universal Monsters: Music by Slash|
|Terror Tram: Hollywood Harry's: Dreadtime Storyz|
|Scarezones: Holidayz in Hell • Trick 'r Treat • Monster Masquerade • Hell's Harvest • Toxxic Tunnel|