|Halloween Horror Nights Orlando attraction|
|The Walking Dead: The Undead Streets|
|Event||Halloween Horror Nights 23|
|Park||Universal Studios Florida|
|Based on||The Walking Dead (Seasons 1, 2, and 3)|
|The Walking Dead: Dead Inside (2012)|
|The Walking Dead: The End of the Line (2014)|
The Walking Dead: The Undead Streets was the only scarezone that was featured during Halloween Horror Nights 23. It was park-wide and was split into a number of sections portraying several iconic moments from the first 3 seasons of The Walking Dead.
History and Location[edit | edit source]
On July 25th 2013, Universal announced that like the previous year, Halloween Horror Nights 23 would feature a scarezone encompassing the entire park. This time, it would be based on seasons 1 through 3 of the hit TV show, The Walking Dead. The scarezone would be split into five main sections, and would be the final park-wide scarezone in the events history. The scarezone would win the Scarezone of the Year award in 2013.
Description[edit | edit source]
AMC's The Walking Dead has overtaken the streets of Universal Studios Florida. From Atlanta, to the forests, and into Woodbury, you’ll have to fight your way through some of the most iconic locations in the show if you want to survive the night.
For the first time ever, The Walking Dead has overtaken the streets of Universal Studios. From Atlanta through the forests and onto Woodbury, you'll have to fight your way through some of the most iconic locations in the show if you want to survive the night.
Sections[edit | edit source]
- Walking Dead: The Fall of Atlanta: The smell of death is in the air as you make your way past an iconic tank, sandbag barriers, and decayed rotting corpses on your journey through this decimated city. But be warned—the city’s not empty. (New York)
- Walking Dead: Woodlands: Tread carefully through these woods, as you never know who you might encounter. Lurking deep in the hidden depths are unforgettable scenes and characters from Seasons 1, 2 and 3. (Central Park)
- Walking Dead: Survivor's Camp: There’s no one telling ghost stories at this derelict campsite, but there are plenty of undead. Will you dare to go closer to the eerily abandoned RV? Keep your wits about you or you might become a ghost story yourself. (Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone)
- Walking Dead: The Farm: Something’s burning and it’s not a Sunday roast. Gasoline fumes ignite your senses as you encounter the smoldering remains of a singed country farm. See and smell the putrid barn, the red tractor, and more as you learn what’s causing that horrifying stench. (Mel's Drive-In)
- Walking Dead: Clear: Turn around and live—proceed and face your fate. Stick together as you head down this street, because the spiked barriers are there for a reason. If you refuse to heed the spray-painted warnings, you’re in for a terrifying walk that will feel like an eternity. (Hollywood)
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the first time in Halloween Horror Nights history that every single scarezone was based on a singular property. The streets were based on Seasons 1 and 2 of The Walking Dead while the house was based on Season 3.
- This scarezone would win the Scarezone of the Year award in 2013.
|Halloween Horror Nights 23|
|Characters: Bobby “The Blade” Galletta • La Llarona • PS|
|Haunted Houses: Afterlife: Death's Vengeance • An American Werewolf in London • The Cabin in the Woods • Evil Dead • Havoc: Derailed • Urban Legends: La Llorona • Resident Evil: Escape from Raccoon City • The Walking Dead: No Safe Haven|
|Scarezone: The Walking Dead: The Undead Streets|
|Unofficial Scarezones: Walking Dead: The Fall of Atlanta • Walking Dead: Clear • Walking Dead: Woodlands • Walking Dead: Survivor's Camp • Walking Dead: The Farm|
|Shows: The Rocky Horror Picture Show: A Tribute (Orlando) • Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure|