|Halloween Horror Nights Orlando attraction|
|The Legions of Horror|
|Event||Halloween Horror Nights 22|
|Park||Universal Studios Florida|
The Legions of Horror also known as Dark Legions was the only scarezone that was featured during Halloween Horror Nights 22. Dubbed as a series of "street experiences", It was a parkwide scarezone, encompassing all of Universal Studios Orlando, with roaming scareactors. It was also the first single parkwide scarezone at Halloween Horror Nights Orlando since Midway of the Bizarre in 2007.
History and Location[edit | edit source]
In 2012, Universal would decided to only have one scarezone that was spread across the entire park. It would be the first time in Halloween Horror Nights Orlando history in which scareactors were able to attack guests in unlimited areas throughout the park, including gift shops, house queue areas and restaurants.
The scarezone would be themed to the Legions of Horror, seven different legions featured on the website of the event. It would be split into seven different sections that would roam around the park.
Story[edit | edit source]
With a ripping, clawing and tearing through the concrete beneath Universal Studios come ancient cemetery structures, spilling blood-raged, vampiric hordes that span the eras of time, barbaric warriors with a need to carve flesh from bone and an all-female, chainsaw-wielding prison gang. Unlike in years past, there are no boundaries. No safezones. No one escapes.
The Iniquitous[edit | edit source]
Rooted in evil these are the patrons of death, and were the first to rise from the cemetery. They’ve summoned the Dark Legions to join them in a night of carnage as they feast upon the living.
Rooted in evil these are the patrons of death, and those who have risen from the cemetery. The Iniquitous are those who summoned the Dark Legions to come and feast here.
Vampires/Strengoits[edit | edit source]
Main Page: Strengoits
Summoned by The Iniquitous, the creatures of the night are here to quench their undying thirst. They lurk in the shadows, listening for fresh blood pulsing inside your living veins.
From all eras of time, worldly vampires are summoned here to Halloween Horror Nights to feast on the living.
Circa Neolithic (8000 BC).
Beasts/Cerebins[edit | edit source]
Main Page: Cerebins
The Iniquitous have commanded these grotesque predators to hunt you down. Silently they’ll stalk you…all night long, until they have you surrounded and there’s nowhere left to hide.
These legendary animal-like creatures will prey on those with a taste for horror.
Circa Paleolithic (50000 BC).
Warriors/Baccanoids[edit | edit source]
Main Page: Baccanoids
Slaughtered in a deadly battle, the Warriors have been brought back from the dead by The Iniquitous. Seeking their bloodthirsty revenge, they move under a cloak of darkness. So beware—that’s not a breeze on the back of your neck.
This ancient army was slaughtered in war and now they seek revenge. Be aware as they approach under a cloak of darkness; their attack may catch you off guard.
Circa Shang Dynasty (1600 BC).
Prisoners/Maschorians[edit | edit source]
Main Page: Maschorians
At a brutal women’s prison, fire scorched the inmates alive and the charred convicts were trapped between life and death—until now. The Iniquitus have released them and they’re going to kill everyone in their path. Their chainsaws are churning and they’re coming for you.
Horrifically burned in a women's prison fire, the dead remain caught between life and death. They seek their release to the afterlife, killing all who stand in their way.
Circa Pre-Pottery Neolithic A (8500 BC)
Traditionals/Morphans[edit | edit source]
Main Page: Morphans
These aren’t the fiends from your childhood books. These are the fears that creep inside your dreams. Brought forth by The Iniquitous, these ghosts and goblins have teeth—and they’re hungry.
The traditional ghosts and goblins of Halloween past come together to try to feast more than just once a year!
Circa Aztecs (1428 AD).
Walkers/Kerezans[edit | edit source]
Main Page: Kerezans
The Inquitius brought forth undead creatures that hunger for one thing: living flesh. They never tire, they never stop, they never die. They swarm and eat, and eat, and eat, and eat.
This was the only one of the seven sections of the scarezone that did not roam around the park. This scarezone was located in San Francisco, outside of the exit of the Walking Dead: Dead Inside house.
Circa Egyptian Predynastic (6000 BC).
Trophies[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The trophies of each legion are from the Horror Unearthed online game and are currently present in one of the sub-basements of the Legendary Truth mansion. During the last nights of Halloween Horror Nights XXII, and near the end of the Horror Unearthed online game, multiple players entered the park, and were assigned the task of finding 3 hooded figures roaming the park, and have them scan their player cards they gained at the entrance assembled. Players who were able to get their cards scanned then assembled at The Horror Makeup Show building, where their Legion's banners and trophies were held on display, along with refreshments (cookies, which were used as a joke by the team as referenced to a rumor heard around the Horror Unearthed website), and were able to attend a presentation by the Halloween Horror Nights creative directors.
- The Baccanoid legion won the most points in the online game twice in a row.
- It is revealed that several historic figures, along with Halloween Horror Nights characters and some of the Legendary Truth members are parts of the Legions of Horror.
- The Beasts in the Legions of Horror scarezone in 2012 won the Scarezone of the Year award.
- The Newsstand in Central Park was reused from the Halloween Horror Nights 21 scarezone Acid Assault.
- On the wall of the news stand is a poster for the movie Kiss Of The Vampire (1963).
- In Sting Alley, there was a wall plaque from Jonathan Hawthorne that says "Within these walls nothing truly dies if memory remains so too shall those who are remembered." Johnathan Hawthorne was the main character from the Halloween Horror Nights 21 haunted house Winter's Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery.
- The bus in San Francisco was the Carey, Ohio school bus from the Halloween Horror Nights: Reflections of Fear scarezone The Skoolhouse.
- On the graves in Springfield, there was a sign that read "Please No Planting of Any Kind or Border Around Plots, Thank You - The Caretaker" . This was a reference to the HHN icon The Caretaker.
- Also, by the graves in Springfield, there was a plaque homage for Xena from the Xena Warrior Princess show. The show was a former attraction at Universal Studios Florida.
|Halloween Horror Nights 22|
|Characters: The Legions of Horror • Alice Cooper|
|Haunted Houses: Dead End • Gothic • Universal's House of Horrors • The Walking Dead: Dead Inside • Welcome to Silent Hill • Alice Cooper: Welcome to My Nightmare • Penn & Teller: New(kd) Vegas|
|Scarezones: The Legions of Horror|
|Shows: Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure • 20 Penny Circus: Fully Exposed|