|Halloween Horror Nights Orlando attraction|
|Attraction type||Haunted House|
|Event||Halloween Horror Nights 28|
|Park||Universal Studios Florida|
|Housed in||Sprung Tent 2|
History and Location[edit | edit source]
On June 21st, 2018, Universal announced that a haunted house based on various fictional B-Movies would be coming to their Halloween Horror Nights event that year. The house would be set in a drive-in movie theater. The codename for the house was "Snacks", a reference to the snack bar facade.
In 2006, Universal built two hurricane-proof tents behind the World Expo area of the park specifically for holding Halloween Horror Nights haunted houses. This house would be located in the northernmost one (called Sprung Tent 2).
Description[edit | edit source]
It’s showtime at the local drive-in, where you don’t just catch a movie; the movie catches you. Fear flickers on the screen, filling you with a mixture of dread and delight. Sorority sisters make a monstrous offering. Werewolf bikers go on the hunt. More than jack-o-lanterns are carved at a gut-strewn pumpkin patch. Bloodthirsty children come out to play at a deranged kids’ arcade. As each 80's B movie screams to life, you’ll shriek with terror as you try to avoid alien cannibals, a murderous barber and a ravenous swamp yeti. When the credits roll, heads roll.
Experience[edit | edit source]
Queue and Facade[edit | edit source]
The queue entrance was located to the right of the Men in Black restrooms. It went down a road that led to the front of Sprung Tent 2 where it would then continuously loop around the side of the Men in Black building. Eventually guests would reach the facade, which was the screen of the Carey Drive-In (which would play previews of some of the horror movies featured in the house) with two cars outside. Before the entrance is a snack bar sign.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
The house started guests off inside the snack bar where various movie posters can be seen. The Foul Fists of Dr. Faustus poster opens up and Dr. Faustus swipes at guests with his long pointy fingers. The guests then enter the transition room for Sorority Sacrifice. After that is the sorority room where two dead bodies can be seen hanging on a stage while tentacles coming out of the floor grab them. A sorority girl came out to the right of them. Continuing down the sorority room, another sorority girl jumps out on the left.
After that, guests would enter the transition room for Devil Dogs. Guests enter a bar where a Werewolf Biker jumps out on your left. Guests continue down the bar where another Werewolf Biker comes out of a boo hole from across a cigarette machine. After going through the Devil Dogs scene guests entered the transition room for Pumpkin Guts. Guests would then enter Mr. Carver's Pumpkin Shop where two Gourdy's can be seen jumping out from behind various shelves. Some of these shelves had carved human heads instead of pumpkins.
After that was the transition room for Schittie's Kidz. Guests would enter a Chuck 'E Cheese like area. On a party table, a dead body with a pizza cutter stabbed in his head can be seen. Two evil kids would jump out from behind various areas. On a stage a stuffed mascot can be seen screaming with an evil kid biting him. After that guests entered the photo booth where a final kid would pop out from behind the camera. The next transition room was the one for The Cult of the Beast Baby. The scene for this movie was a room filled with Beast Baby Worshipers. Some of them were real and some were not. The Beast Baby could also be seen inside of a cage. Every once an a while the beast babies eyes would glow and the room would flicker. During this period the real Beast Baby Worshipers would attack guests.
The next room was the transition room for Amazon Cannibals from Planet Hell. The scene started guests off inside of a spaceship. Exiting the spaceship guests would then enter Planet Hell (which consisted of caves with skulls and glowing crystals) where an Amazon Cannibal can be seen ripping the intestines out of a scientist. Continuing through planet hell guests would find two more Amazon Cannibals. After that was the transition room for Barber Chop. Guests would then enter Morton Meetz's Barber Shop where various victims could be seen dead on chairs. Behind one of them Morton Meetz can be seen swiping at guests. A victim of Morton also jumps out from behind a boohole.
The next transition room was for Midnight Snack 2: The House Swarming. This scene started with a laboratory where various tiny, furry creatures, could be seen wreaking havoc. A dead scientist with two creatures coming out of his chest could be seen on a table. Another scientist with a gun comes out of a boohole shooting at guests. He is covered in these tiny creatures. Guests would then enter a small room with a giant creature coming out of a wall. After that was the final transition room which was for Attack of the Swamp Yeti. This scene was a swamp where two Swamp Yetis can be seen jumping out from behind trees. A tent with a few dead campers can also be seen on the right. Exiting the swamp a final Swamp Yeti jumps out to guests left for one final scare before the guests would leave.
Scareactors[edit | edit source]
- Dr. Faustus
- Sorority Sacrifice Girls X2
- Werewolf Bikers X3
- Gourdy X2
- Evil Kids X3
- Lizzy Lemming's Mascot
- Beast Baby Worshipers X2
- Amazon Cannibals X3
- Morton Meetz
- Barber Victim
- Giant Midnight Snack Creature
- Swamp Yeti X3
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During the HHN Media Event, Charles Gray mistakenly announced Attack of the Swamp Yeti as Revenge of the Swamp Yeti.
- The person who voiced the narrator of the trailers was Bryce Ward, the same person who played The Caretaker in 2002.
- Some of the previews that played on the movie screen were of haunted houses from the previous year, like Scarecrow: The Reaping and Hive.
- The song used in the Hive 2 Preview is Abyss (Jg Thrilwell Remix) by John Carpenter.
- The song used in the Scarecrow: The Reaping Preview was "Scarecrow Attack" from the film House of 1000 Corpses. House of 1000 Corpses would come to the event for its first time in Orlando the following year for Halloween Horror Nights 29.
- The car featured in the trailer of the "Killer Car" was used in the facade. It was also used in the previous year's Invasion! scarezone. Other cars used in the facade included one fromAcid Assault during Halloween Horror Nights 21 and one from the San Francisco section of the Walking Dead: The Undead Streets during Halloween Horror Nights 23.
- The evil barber from Barber Chop is named Morton Meetz. This could be a reference to the haunted house Leave it to Cleaver, where the Meetz family appeared.
- Morton Meetz was plated by Patrick Braillard, one of the designers of the event.
- Charles Gray has said that facade video was the most fun he had because his two little girls are in the Schittie's Kidz trailer.
- On the posters for the various horror movies, names like Jack Schmidt, Albert Caine, Carey, Ohio, Michael Aiello, and Patrick Braillard appeared.
- The first room of the house holds a couple "Let's all go to the Lobby" posters that are a reference to the Halloween Horror Nights: Ripped from the Silver Screen icon, The Usher.
- The Team including Charles Gray called the Big Midnight Snack Creature in this house The Falafel Head after a make up artist had said it needed a name.
- Gray had said he always wanted to make a Bigfoot house but never came to be until this house was made, as he made a suggestion to the team to "sneak in a little big foot scene." They agreed, and after the success of the house, it was thought to bring a full on Yeti house in Yeti: Terror of the Yukon the following year.
References[edit | edit source]
|Halloween Horror Nights 28|
|Haunted Houses: Stranger Things • Dead Exposure: Patient Zero • Trick 'r Treat • Slaughter Sinema • Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces • Seeds of Extinction • Poltergeist • Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers • The Horrors of Blumhouse • Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After|
|Scarezones: The Harvest • Revenge of Chucky • Killer Klowns From Outer Space • Vamp '85: New Year's Eve • Twisted Tradition|
|Unofficial Scarezones: Roaming Mechanics • Chainsaw Carnies|
|Show: Academy of Villains: Cyberpunk|