|Halloween Horror Nights Orlando attraction|
|Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After|
|Attraction type||Haunted House|
|Event||Halloween Horror Nights 28|
|Park||Universal Studios Florida|
|Housed in||Soundstage 24|
Various Fairy Tales
|Scary Tales: Screampunk (2015)|
Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After was one of the ten haunted houses that was featured during Halloween Horror Nights 28. It was located in Soundstage 24 along with Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces. It was sixth entry in the Scary Tales franchise (the fifth in Orlando).
History and Location[edit | edit source]
On August 21st 2018, Universal announced that a haunted house that served as another entry into the Scary Tales franchise would be coming to their Halloween Horror Nights event that year. The codename for this house was "Poison", referring to the poison apple that The Evil Queen gave to Snow White, although they did not appear in the haunted house.
The haunted house would be one of two located in Soundstage 24, the other one being Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces. Soundstage 24 is one of the larger soundstage facilities designed to be used as filming locations for films and television shows.
Description[edit | edit source]
The Wicked Witch of the West has cursed the land of the fairies, twisting beloved stories beyond recognition. There are no fairytale endings here.
The realm of the fairies was once peaceful, but the Wicked Witch of the West has seized control and afflicted the land with a dreadful curse. Her pestilence has twisted beloved fairytales beyond recognition and bathed everything in blood and screams. Villains are crueler than ever before and the good have been infested with evil. Discover the horrific new reality of the stories you thought you knew. There are no fairytale endings here.
Experience[edit | edit source]
Queue and Facade[edit | edit source]
The queue entered to the right of the Virtual Line area of the Jimmy Fallon ride. The queue followed a road that led to a series of loops that looped to the right of Soundstage 24. After the guests went through the loops, they would go around the soundstage and enter a door. The guests then entered a long corridor with hanging banners depicting some of the fairy tales that would appear in the house. In this hallway The Wicked Witch of the West would talk. After the hallway was the facade, which was a giant castle with The Wicked Witch of the West flying above the guests. The facade held a map of the Realm of the Fairies on top of the castle.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Entering the castle guests would go down a small corridor where sometimes The Scarecrow would jump out of a boohole. Exiting the corridor guests entered a dungeon where they would see Dorothy chained up crying and wishing she could go home. On one of the walls was the corpse of The Scarecrow and periodically a hand would come out through his chest. After that guests would go into a room where The Cowardly Lion would roar at guests. The Wicked Witch of the West would also pops out of a boohole. The second fairy tale in this house was Hansel And Gretel. The smell of gingerbread was present throughout this room. You entered The Witch's Gingerbread House where a burnt Gretel would pop out from behind a wall eating a hand and talking about how good it tastes. The Witch could also be seen eating Little Red Riding Hood. Near the end of the room was Hansel also eating a hand and talking about how good it tastes.
The next fairy tale was The Three Little Pigs. This room was set inside one of the pig’s houses. The room smelled like burning wood and The Big Bad Wolf's head could be seen burning in a pot over the fireplace. The Three Little Pigs would each jump out in this room and one of them is wearing The Big Bad Wolf's skin on their face. Guests would then enter the outside of a giant tower where long strands of hair could be seen in the ceiling wrapping itself around a bunch of dead bodies. A man could be seen jumping out of a boohole with hair coming out of him. Rapunzel also jumps out screaming about how her hair is alive. The next room was surrounded with spiderwebs. Little Miss Muffet could be seen sitting on her tuffet dead with egg sacs in her exposed abdomen. Two giant Spiders appeared in this room spraying water at guests. After that guests would enter the cottage from Goldilockes And The Three Bears. In the cottage was Goldilocks stabbing Mama Bear. Baby Bear could be seen to her left coming out of a window growling.
The next fairytale was Humpty Dumpty. Pieces of Humpty Dumpty could be seen everywhere and The King’s Men would jump out vomiting because of the rotten egg smell. After that guests would enter an underwater seen with screens projecting bubbles. This was suppressed to represent The Little Mermaid. Guests then entered a hallway lined with seaweed. Behind the seaweed were Merpeople who would scream at guests and come out from behind the seaweed. The next room was a mirror maze where statues of The Wicked Witch of the West could be seen looking into the mirrors. The Wicked Witch of the West would also pops out from behind some booholes. The mirror maze would lead guests to a small room where The Wicked Witch of the West could be seen flying towards guests while another Wicked Witch of the West would jump out of a boohole. At the very end of the house Papa Bear would jump out from behind a wall.
Fairy Tales[edit | edit source]
- The Wizard of Oz
- Hansel And Gretel
- Little Red Riding Hood
- The Three Little Pigs
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- The Little Mermaid
Nursery Rhymes[edit | edit source]
- Little Miss Muffet
- Humpty Dumpty
Scareactors[edit | edit source]
- The Wicked Witch of the West
- The Scarecrow
- The Cowardly Lion
- Hansel and Gretel
- The Witch
- The Three Little Pigs
- The Hair Victims
- Baby Bear
- King's Men X3
- The Merpeople X2
- Papa Bear
Quotes[edit | edit source]
"A shattered rainbow, your path unclear, you're not in Kansas anymore, my dear." (Wicked Witch of the West)
"By light of moon and darkest night, let all fabled creatures beget what's right. The good turned evil, the evil grown worse, the Realm of Fairies now under my curse, and in this story, let all feel pain. Come one, come all, where chaos now reigns." (Wicked Witch of the West)
"I just want to go home." (Dorothy)
"Nibble, nibble, little mouse, I found someone nibbling on my house!" (The Witch)
"Tastes like candy. It's so good!" (Gretel)
"It's so yummy in my tummy!" (Hansel)
"My hair? My hair! It's alive!" (Rapunzel)
"Where's your wizard now?" (Wicked Witch of the West)
"I curse you!" (Wicked Witch of the West)
"This is my realm." (Wicked Witch of the West)
"The Realm of the Fairies is no more." (Wicked Witch of the West)
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Soundtrack[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The team had made sure that the concept in the house (good characters from the fairy tales have turned bad while the evil fairy tales featured in the house have become even worse) shows that no character in the house is redeemable.
- The illustrations on the banners hanging in the corridor leading to the Wicked Witch's castle depict the Three Little Pigs, Rapunzel, Humpty Dumpty, and the Little Mermaid.
- Braillard has said that one of the interesting things about the house is that the Wicked Witch is prevalent all throughout the house, as guests see how evil and corrupted she makes the fairytales and surroundings.
- The Wicked Witch above can not only fly at you, but could fly to (and land on) any of the cauldrons. She had a full circular range of flight but could only face forwards, so she always had to land on the castle while moving backwards.
- The Rapunzel scene's story was that her golden hair decided to become a thing of its own after it had ripped itself off her scalp. It then took over the entire tower and its surroundings. The scenery outside the tower included a gecko entangled within the hair. The addition of the reptile companion was meant to be a reference to the Disney version of Rapunzel's story in which the Princess has a chameleon as her friend.
- Just like other fabled Princesses in past Scary Tales attractions, Rapunzel's appearance was clearly based on the Disney version of the character.
- Goldilocks was modeled after Rhoda Penmark from The Bad Seed.
- One of the rooms was given the name "Scene 7: Splatter" and was posted on twitter by Michael Aiello and on the Halloween Horror Nights Live YouTube video. The room was described by Charles Gray as being wet, smelly, drippy, and nasty. The room was later revealed to be Humpty Dumpty's room by Patrick Braillard.
- The story for Humpty Dumpty's room was described by Patrick Braillard: Humpty Dumpty was sitting on a wall and got hit by a giant crossbow bolt that came flying across toward him, smashing him against the wall. Braillard had said to imagine a giant egg that had just hit the concrete and has exploded all over the walls. There also happened to be a bunch of cooking cauldrons of coals that were keeping the knights warm. The Humpty hit the cauldron, got cooked and, then exploded all over the walls and the soldiers guarding the walls.
- The Bungee jumping Witch effect at the end of the house is a reused effect from The Fallen from Halloween Horror Nights 27.
|Halloween Horror Nights 28|
|Haunted Houses: Stranger Things • Dead Exposure: Patient Zero • Trick 'r Treat • Slaughter Sinema • Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces • Seeds of Extinction • Poltergeist • Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers • The Horrors of Blumhouse • Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After|
|Scarezones: The Harvest • Revenge of Chucky • Killer Klowns From Outer Space • Vamp '85: New Year's Eve • Twisted Tradition|
|Unofficial Scarezones: Roaming Mechanics • Chainsaw Carnies|
|Show: Academy of Villains: Cyberpunk|