|Halloween Horror Nights Orlando attraction|
|Roanoke: Cannibal Colony|
|Attraction type||Haunted House|
|Event||Halloween Horror Nights 24|
|Park||Universal Studios Florida|
|Area||Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone|
|Housed in||Parade Warehouse|
|Based on||Original, The English colony of Roanoke (1585)|
History and Location[edit | edit source]
On August 12th, 2014, Universal announced that an original haunted house based on the Roanoke colony would be featured at that years Halloween Horror Nights event. The house would feature the colony members, who had turned into cannibals. The codename for the house would be "Crows" a reference to Croatoan.
The house would be located in a building called The Parade Warehouse. The Parade Warehouse was a very large warehouse built to hold the various parade floats used at Universal. After the Superstar Parade was added, Universal had to build a structure to put the excess floats under, as both a haunted house and all of the extra floats from the new parade could not fit in the warehouse.
Description[edit | edit source]
In the settlement of Roanoke the frenzied colonists will rip, tear and devour any fresh meat that comes near them.
Scareactors[edit | edit source]
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It's revealed by the end of the house that the Wendigo, a demonic spirit from Native American folklore, has seemingly possessed the settlers and driven them into frenzied cannibalism. However, an interview with one of the Halloween Horror Nights creative directors confirmed that the settlers only think that they have been possessed by the spirit.
- One of the Zombie Dogs from Resident Evil: Escape from Raccoon City appears in this house.
- The history of Roanoke is fact, 1587, Governor White had returned and found the colony vanished. The only piece of clue they found was a piece of wood the letters CRO on it. The Universal team had given the tale a twist and tell their history on what they think could have happened.
- One of the A&D team's theories when designing the house is that the Settlers had run out of food as many had done back then. They were known to die of disease or starvation. Of course the settlers would succumb to cannibalization.
- This is first house the team had done a house with multiple facades with many inbetween areas where you don't know whether a scareactor will be or not.
- There is a water trigger in one of the rooms that can be activated by a scareactor that will hit the person behind you.
- One of the terrifying characters in the house is named The Ravager, she's so hungry that she begins to eat herself and even she squirts a trigger at the guest, she continues to eat.
|Halloween Horror Nights 24|
|Haunted Houses: AVP: Alien vs. Predator • Dollhouse of the Damned • Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood • From Dusk Till Dawn • Giggles & Gore Inc. • Halloween • Roanoke: Cannibal Colony • The Walking Dead: The End of the Line|
|Scarezones: Bayou of Blood • Face Off: In the Flesh • MASKerade: Unstitched • The Purge: Anarchy|
|Shows: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure • The Rocky Horror Picture Show: A Tribute|