"Congratulations! You’ve been selected to be one of the lucky contestants on RUN, the most popular and brutal television show in the world. In this house, you’ll have to try and avoid the skilled assassins known as Reapers as you work through “death obstacles” designed to mangle and shred—all for the amusement of the audience watching from home. And good news: the now run-down Hellgate Prison has been selected as the battleground. Good luck!"
|Halloween Horror Nights Orlando attraction|
|RUN: Blood, Sweat and Fears|
|Attraction type||Haunted House|
|Event||Halloween Horror Nights 25|
|Park||Universal Studios Florida|
|Housed in||Disaster! Queue|
|Preceded by||Hellgate Prison (2004)
Run: Hostile Territory (2006)
History and Location[edit | edit source]
On August 27th, 2015, Universal announced that a haunted house that served as a sequel to the Run haunted houses would be coming to their Halloween Horror Nights event that year. The house would have almost nothing to do with the previous Run houses, and would instead be loosely based off of the movie, The Running Man. The codename for this house was "Spandex", as that's what the people in The Running Man wore.
The house would be located in the extended queue for the Disaster ride, and would be the eighth and final haunted house in this location. The fact that this was the last house in this location was due to how the Disaster attraction was closed the following year to make way for the Fast and Furious: Supercharged ride.
Description[edit | edit source]
You’ve just been selected as a contestant on RUN, a brutal TV show where everyday people are stalked by skilled assassins. Just remember: the more horrifying your death, the higher the ratings.
Scareactors[edit | edit source]
- Red Skull Guards
- Chainsaw Construction Workers
- CDC Hazmat Suites
- The Twins
- Chipper & Chainsaw
- The Blitzkrieg Brothers x2
- Candy & Peppermint
- Chainsaw Houndlums
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This house is very similar to the 1987 Arnold Schwarzenegger film The Running Man, right down to the very concept of a deadly TV show where contestants have to fight for their lives.
- After almost every room is a brief intermission room.
- At the very end of the Canada room, there was a chainsaw with a button on it. If one would press the button, chainsaw noises would play.
- This was the last house located in the Disaster! Queue.
- Wild Child in the queue video was played by one of Charles Gray's daughters.
- The A&D team had thought about taking the title of the house and giving it a 1980s feel.
- The characters in this house are called Reapers & Assassins and all unique and individual with environments that match to each one.
List of Sources[edit | edit source]
|Halloween Horror Nights 25|
|Characters: Jack the Clown (Event Icon) • Chance • The Inmates of Shadybrook Asylum • The Gentlemen|
|Haunted Houses: Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters & Mayhem • An American Werewolf in London • Asylum in Wonderland 3D • Body Collectors: Recollections • Freddy vs. Jason • Insidious • The Purge • RUN: Blood, Sweat and Fears • The Walking Dead: The Living and the Dead|
|Scarezones: Icons: HHN • Evil's Roots • Scary Tales: Screampunk • PsychoScareapy: Unleashed • All Nite Die-In: Double Feature|
|Unofficial Scarezones: Jack's Maniacs (Clowns) • Jack's Maniacs (Prisoners) • Jack's Maniacs (Rednecks)|
|Shows: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure • The Carnage Returns|