|Halloween Horror Nights Orlando attraction|
|PsychoScareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook|
|Attraction type||Haunted House|
|Event||Halloween Horror Nights: Twenty Years of Fear|
|Park||Universal Studios Florida|
|Housed in||Soundstage 23|
|Based on||Original/ The House on Haunted Hill|
|Preceded by||Psychoscareapy: Home for the Holidays (2007)|
|PsychoScareapy: Unleashed & Body Collectors: Recollections (2015)|
PsychoScareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook was a house that took place at Halloween Horror Nights: Twenty Years of Fear and is the fourth house in the Psycho Scareapy series. It took place in Shadybrook again. It was located in Soundstage 23 along with Hades: The Gates of Ruin.
History and Location[edit | edit source]
In 2010, Universal decided to have haunted house that served as a third sequel to the original 2003 haunted house, Psycho Scareapy. The house would be called PsychoScareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook and would feature the ghosts of the inmates of Shadybrook Asylum.
A scene from this house also appeared in the Vengeance section in the interactive game, The Warehouse eXXperience which appeared on the Halloween Horror Nights website. The house would be one of two located in Soundstage 23, the other one being Hades: The Gates of Ruin. Soundstage 23 is one of the larger soundstage facilities designed to be used as filming locations for movies and television shows.
In 2015, the Psychoscareapy franchise would receive a sequel scarezone in the form of PsychoScareapy: Unleashed. That same year, it would receive a crossover haunted house with Body Collectors in Body Collectors: Recollections.
Description[edit | edit source]
Fifteen years after they closed its doors, Shadybrook's halls are still inhabited by the souls of the criminally insane.
They say truth is far stranger than fiction, and it happens that in this instance they happen to be correct. Although Shadybrook's doors have indeed been closed for the last 15 years, the place is still very much alive with all the criminally insane souls that have ever walked it's halls.
Experience[edit | edit source]
Queue and Facade[edit | edit source]
Guests would enter the queue to the right of the entrance for the Twister attraction. The queue would go through the line for the Twister ride and towards Soundstage 23, where guests entered the house.
The house starts out with the abandoned façade of Shadybrook looming in the distance. Signs that local teens had been using the old asylum as a party spot are scattered everywhere. Evidently some of the braver teens, in a high stakes game of truth or dare, decided to break into the outer fence and take the party inside the hospital ... a bad move on their part.
Haunted House[edit | edit source]
Upon entering the asylum, spectral moans and cries can be heard mingling with the far-off melody of A Summer Place. At the receptionist desk, there is the ghostly nurse who was murdered by an inmate with a pair of scissors in her eye. A broken and smoking telephone shows that someone attempted to call for help ... and failed. We next enter a hallway with windows on both sides, as inmates who were killed attempting to break out of windows reach for you with bloodied arms.
After that, guests head into the recreational room, where "NURCE WALLACE MUST DIE" is scrawled on a wall. It is here amongst the faded board games and books that the straight jacket patients reside, struggling for sanity even in death. Next we move into a hallway laden with graffiti. On either side cell walls are attended by pale and ghostly hands, among actor's stretch out and grab guests from every side. Next, is a scene in which burly inmates attacks guests, bobbing and weaving from every angle. Another hallway is filled with doors, one of which hides a feral inmate.
At the end of a long hallway stands what appears to be a ghostly criminal, twitching and writhing opaquely. Distracted, the very same inmate charges for us to break the bonds of his straight-jacket. In a Halloween Horror Nights first, this house featured the first guest activated prompt. A large button labelled "Don't Press" would send off a blast of air and noise, terrifying the unexpected guests. Next, an inmate is getting electrocuted on Old Smokey in the experimental therapy room, manned by an evil doctor and the vengeful spirit of the patient's ghost. As a finale, guests enter the padded cells, where only the most insane await for you to join them.
Website Pictures[edit | edit source]
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A red button is located in the house which, when pressed, activates a cameo by Jack (who previously was featured in the second PsychoScareapy house in the series, PsychoScareapy: Maximum Madness.)
- In the lobby, you can see a bottle of pills spilled on the floor. Those are the Sleepwell pills from A Nightmare on Elm Street: Dreamwalkers.
- The title of the house has gone through many changes through its development. Some titles include: PsychoScareapy: Dead Again, Psychoscareapy: Maximum Madness- Part 2, and even simply, Psychoscareapy 4.
- The poster that contains the evacuation procedures was used in Demon Cantina and Vampyr: Blood Bath.
- All of the scareactors' looks in the house were grey-scale (blacks, greys, and dirty whites) to give them a better look as the spirits of the deceased patients.
- Every patient in the house appears as how they were killed in their previous life in the asylum. For example, the nurse guests saw in the beginning of the house has a pair of scissors jammed in her eye because she had been killed by an inmate.
- A 33 RPM of Perry Como's A Theme For A Summer Place can be heard in the house as well as the song that has been featured in every incarnation of Psychoscareapy.
- The hallway of windows scene in this house was a reused scene from Dracula: Legacy in Blood in the previous year.
- In the rec room scene, there is shower curtain that has "NURSE WALLACE MUST DIE!" written in blood. Nurse Wallace is a reference to one of the designers for the house.
- There are tick marks in the corridor scene of patients that all count up to 20, referencing 20 years of the event.
- Some of the writings on the wall included "I can't wait to kill your mom!", "This is the end!", and "We will miss you."
- There is a double pepper's ghost effect in the house of the background of the room and of The Asylum Patient who was the mascot for Halloween Horror Nights XIV. In the house, he notices your presence and is followed by a scareactor playing him slamming into the door for a scare.
- In the Experimental Therapy room, the scene with the electric chair would be later reused in Afterlife: Death's Vengeance. The chair itself was Old Smokey from Hellgate Prison, a prop that was reused numerous times in the past.
- There are two versions of the Experimental Therapy scene, one with an actor activated trigger triggered by a nurse or doctor scareactor, or a set non-actor activated trigger on a timer. Also, the scene is set up as a distraction for another big scare that occurred in the window behind guests.
|Halloween Horror Nights: Twenty Years of Fear|
|Characters: Fear (Event Icon) • Jack the Clown • The Caretaker • The Director • The Storyteller • The Usher • Cindy Caine • Eddie Schmidt • Chance • The Inmates of Shadybrook Asylum|
|Haunted Houses: Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate • PsychoScareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook • Hades: The Gates of Ruin • ZombieGeddon • The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes • Havoc: Dogs of War • Catacombs: Black Death Rising • Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past|
|Scarezones: Esqueleto Muerte • The Coven • Saws N' Steam • Zombie Gras • Fear Revealed • HHN: 20 Years of Fear|
|Shows: Brian Brushwood: Menace and Malice • Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure|