|Halloween Horror Nights Orlando attraction|
|Nightingales: Blood Pit|
|Attraction type||Haunted House|
|Event||Halloween Horror Nights 29|
|Park||Universal Studios Florida|
|Housed in||Sprung Tent 1|
|Nightingales: Blood Prey (2011)|
History and Location[edit | edit source]
On April 12th, 2019, Universal announced that a haunted house that served as a prequel to the Halloween Horror Nights 21 haunted house Nightingales: Blood Prey would be coming to their Halloween Horror Nights event that year. The codename for this house was "pit", a reference to the "blood pit".
In 2006, Universal built two hurricane-proof tents behind the World Expo area of the park specifically for holding Halloween Horror Nights haunted houses. This house would be located in the southernmost one (called Sprung Tent 1).
Description[edit | edit source]
In an Ancient Roman arena, grisly creatures are drawn to dead and dying gladiators. With nothing to protect you, you're history.
THEY FEED ON BLOOD & FEAR
Ancient Rome has suffered its worst drought in centuries. A ruthless emperor has declared the gladiatorial games will continue nonstop until the rains return.
As blood soaks the cracked earth, the nightingales, a grisly race of creatures, are drawn to the dead and dying. You enter the fray just as the rain begins to fall, but not in time to save yourself from this ancient hellscape. You recoil with fear and disgust as the ravenous nightingales feed.
Try to survive alongside gladiators, but with nothing to protect you, you're history.
Story[edit | edit source]
Ancient Rome is suffering its worst drought in centuries. The ruthless emperor has declared the gladiatorial games to continue nonstop until the rains return. The gruesome bloodshed of the games is horrifying enough, but then come the creatures.
The Nightingales[edit | edit source]
As the blood soaks into the earth, the nightingales feed on the dead and dying. The nightingales are a grisly race of creatures that have been here since the dawn of time. You may think you’re familiar with their past feeding frenzies, but you haven’t seen them like this. You’ll try to survive alongside the gladiators as the ravenous nightingales tear into their victims and notice that fresh blood has come into their midst…
Experience[edit | edit source]
Queue and Facade[edit | edit source]
The queue started to the right of Depths of Fear and to the left of the Coca-Cola station. It took guests down a road that would go past Sprung Tent 1 and loop around back. The facade for this house consisted of a row of roman pillars with banners. A Nightingale eating a horse could be seen outside of a large stone building. Guests would enter the building, where a Nightingale would jump out before even entering the house.
Haunted House[edit | edit source]
Once guests were in the house, they would enter the areas underneath the coliseum where the Roman gladiators are held until it is time to enter the arena. Guests would see several dead gladiators locked in cells, with one severely injured gladiator trying to escape his cell while a Nightingale appears on the opposite side. Further down the room, guests would see another gladiator in a pit attacking a chained up gladiator, by kicking (or punching) his head backwards. Past this, guests enter a corridor with dead bodies on the walls and Nightingales attacking in every direction. A Nightingale blocks the guest's path before a female gladiator appears and kills it. As the hallways get more cramped, more Nightingales start to attack with one gladiator with an injured arm popping out.
Guests would then come to a room with several corpses hanging from the ceiling, as the coliseum collapsed due to the chaos. The Roman Emperor himself pops out reaching and begging for help before a Nightingale scares him back to his hiding place. At this point, guests are no longer walking through the coliseum, but instead through the streets of ancient Rome. After that, guests would enter the area where cages are raised up into the coliseum, where guests could see a rotating pole (representing a gate being opened. Out of one of the gates, a lion has broken loose and tries to attack them, but a gladiator holds it back. At this point the Nightingales appear more aggressive attacking anything that moves. One is seen chewing on a horse while another is seen on an elevated platform reaching down at guests. Two of the Nightingales share a body hanging from a noose by swinging it back and forth. Guests would then enter the Nest, a completely dark room where the most desperate of Nightingales try to feed. When fresh meat enters their lair they go into a frenzy before guests left the house.
Scareactors[edit | edit source]
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Soundtrack[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Nightingale eating the horse was a reference to the original Nightingales house.
- Outside of the facade, there is a shield from the 2005 scarezone, Fire Pits.
- The Lion puppet is the same one that was used in Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After.
- The Nightingales in this house look very different to the ones that appeared in Blood Prey. This is because they are in a less evolved state in Blood Pit.
- In one of the first rooms, if you look up, you could see the cheering audience of the colosseum.
- Due to Florida's harsh outdoor storms, the exterior facade elements (horse, chariot, and Nightingale body) were all waterproofed in preparation for the event.
- The Design Team researched this time period to match the weapons within this haunted house.
- Patrick Brailard had said that the team had thought since after the success of 2011 with Nightingales Blood Prey that The Nightingales should be re-imagined and based them in Pre-History in the year 117 A.D.
- Patrick Brailard and A&D wanted to see how aggressive they could take this original house and go a different way than they had done it in 2011 with Blood Prey and to tie them into a historical setting by putting them in 117 A.D. at a time when there was a Roman Legion going up into Scotland called The Eagle of the Ninth that disappeared, most people think they were killed by pigs or went across the other-side of the channel of the Danube and then folded back into the Roman Legions but no one had a clue and the Legion was no longer spoken about since. A&D threw in the Nightingales into the tale and take over the Legion, they killed the soldiers and took their uniforms to blend in amongst the gladiators in the Roman Colosseum.
|Halloween Horror Nights 29|
|Haunted Houses: Stranger Things • Nightingales: Blood Pit • Universal Monsters • Depths of Fear • Yeti: Terror of the Yukon • Ghostbusters • Killer Klowns From Outer Space • Us • Graveyard Games • House of 1000 Corpses|
|Scarezones: Zombieland Double Tap • Rob Zombie HellBilly Deluxe • Anarch-Cade • Vanity Ball • Vikings Undead|
|Unofficial Scarezone: Skele-Saws|
|Shows: Academy of Villains: Altered States • Halloween Marathon of Mayhem|