|Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood attraction|
|House of 1000 Corpses|
|Attraction type||Haunted House|
|Event||Halloween Horror Nights 2019 (Hollywood)|
|Park||Universal Studios Hollywood|
|Housed in||Waterworld Queue|
|Based on||House of 1000 Corpses (2003)|
|Preceded By||Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses: In 3-D Zombievision (2011)|
Description[edit | edit source]
This fall, you’ll discover firsthand why this house is built on horror. Come face-to-face with the psychotic Firefly family and their collection of blood and gore. Watch “The Legend of Doctor Satan” come to life right before your eyes. Keep a lookout for the latest addition to Captain Spaulding’s Museum of Monsters and Madmen, Fish Boy! And if you’re lucky, you’ll escape the house as fast as a rabbit, minus the fluffy bunny costume and tragic ending.
From the Ruggsville, Texas roadside oddity “Captain Spaulding’s Museum of Monsters & Madmen” to the home of the psychotic Firefly family, Rob Zombie’s epic horror masterpiece comes to life. Scream all you want, but you won’t find any mercy from the Fireflys as each family member is more sadistic than the next. It’s a never-ending nightmare of blood and gore as they lunge at you from every filthy corner of their decrepit house with rusty implements of horror. Nobody’s coming to save you. After all, what’s one more corpse when there are a thousand others inside?
Experience[edit | edit source]
Facade[edit | edit source]
The facade was Captain Spaulding’s Museum of Monsters and Madmen. The audio was night-time sounds and the commercial of Captain Spaulding promoting the Museum. Guests would enter the house from the right side of the facade.
Haunted Maze[edit | edit source]
Inside the opening scene was the "Wall of Shame" with a glass display of various skulls, a counter with fired chicken underneath, and a robber on the ground dead. Captain Spaulding would pop out from behind the desk counter and Ravelli would jump out from a door on the right. Guests would turn right and enter the entrance of the Murder Ride.
Guests would go into a hallway with UV lights showing flames and a "No turning back" sign. Captain Spaulding would jump out from behind a curtain. Guests would then go down a hallway with a UV lit graveyard mural and a dead body up against a Fence. Guests would then enter the Lizzie Borden scene.
In the Lizzie Borden scene was an animatronic of Lizzie Borden chopping a man with an axe. There were also UV lights that would flash saying "Lizzie Borden". Captain Spaulding would jump at guests from behind a curtain before they turned left and exited the scene.
Guests would enter a small dark room where Ravelli would pop out. They would then enter the Ed Gein scene where Captain Spaulding would pop out at guests on the left. Guests would then see an Ed Gein animatronic chopping up legs. UV lights would flash again saying "Ed Gein". Then, guests went down a dark black hallway with hanging bodies, eventually turning into the Doctor Satan scene.
In the Doctor Satan scene was an operating table with a mannequin of a man on it and Dr. Satan pretending to be an animatronic. Before guests left the scene, Dr. Satan would stop pretending to be a animatronic and lunge at guests while UV lights that said "Dr. Satan" flashed. A lightning mural behind the actor would come on as well.
Guests would then travel down a short hallway with a UV spiral at the end of it. Captain Spaulding would pop out from behind two doors ahead of guests before guests exited the Murder Ride.
Guests would then go past tree branches and come across the Firefly House, where there which had dolls on the side of it. Before guests entered the house, Tiny Firefly would pop out with lighting audio on stilts and scare guests before they entered the side of the house.
Inside the house was a living room scene with Baby Firefly holding a knife. There were various Halloween decorations in the scene, and Jerry, Mary, and Denise could all be seen hanging together in Bunny Costumes. Guests would then enter a scene with shelves and hanging cheerleaders.
Guests would then exit the house and go past a black hallway where Otis B. Driftwood would pop out at guests with a knife. Guests would then enter the graveyard.
In the graveyard were wood crosses and Mary in a bunny outfit laying on a bunch of wood with red lighting to simulate fire. Before exiting the scene, Otis would pop out at guests with a knife. Guests would then enter a black room with a random fence that led to the tunnels.
Inside the tunnels were cobwebs and flashing lights. Guests would go into a room where two S. Quentin Quale Minions would pop out (one on the left and one on the right). Guests would then go down a black hallway and re-enter the tunnels. This section had more flashing lights and cobweb-covered skeletons. There were two more S. Quentin Quale Minions in this section who would pop out from behind wall panels. Guests would then go down a black hallway before entering Dr. Satan's Lair.
Inside Dr. Satan's Lair was Dr. Satan on on an elevated platform on the left with Jerry Goldsmith. Dr. Satan would hit him in the head with a drill causing Jerry to scream. Earl Firefly would pop out with an axe from the top right. Guests would then exit the scene.
Guests went down a short black hallway followed by a hallway with three posters. On the left was "3 From Hell", on the right was "The Devil's Rejects", and up ahead was "House of 1000 Corpses". Dr. Satan would jump out from behind the House of 1000 Corpses poster. Guests would then go down a black hallway where "I Remember You" played before exiting the maze.
Scareactors[edit | edit source]
- Captain Spaulding x5
- Ravelli x2
- S. Quentin Quale x3
- Tiny Firefly
- Baby Firefly
- Otis x2
- S. Quentin Quale Minions x4
- Jerry Goldsmith
- Earl Firefly
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Anytime this year people! The tour is about to begin!" - Captain Spaulding
- "Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, you are about to enter the world of darkness. A world where life and death are meaningless and pain is God." - Captain Spaulding
- "Now we're going to have a good time" - Captain Spaulding
- "One of our most popular crazies, the psycho of Plainfield, Ed Gein." - Captain Spaulding
- "Now one of our local heroes! S. Quentin Quale a.k.a. Doctor Satan." - Captain Spaulding
- "No trace of Doctor Satan has ever been discovered" - Captain Spaulding
- "I'm the one who brings the Christmas Candy. Now tell me who's your daddy?" - Otis B. Driftwood
- "Who's your daddy?" - Mama Firefly
- "Who's your daddy?" - Baby Firefly
- "Run rabbit run. Run rabbit. Run Rabbit!" - Otis B. Driftwood
- "There once was a woman who lived with her daughter in a cabbage garden; along came a rabbit and ate up all the cabbages; the woman said, "Go into the garden and drive out the rabbit." - Baby Firefly
- "Doctor Satan. Damn it everybody got to know about Doctor Satan. I'm gonna do you a favor, I'm gonna let you meet the old Bastard!" - Otis B. Driftwood
- "It's all true, the boogeyman is real and you found him" - Otis B. Driftwood
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Soundtrack[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Murdy had said that he would have loved to do all three films House Of 1000 Corpses, The Devil's Rejects and the recent long-awaited sequel Three From Hell but the third was not available in time, so they just stuck with doing House standalone instead.
- John Murdy had said that making this maze was like visiting an old friend, he had to get back in the headspace of the film to recreate it for the event.
- This is the 4th year House Of 1000 Corpses had come to event as a maze.
- This house was not going to made in 3D and was originally going to look more gritty as the original film did.
- In the opening scene, guests could see different masks on a shelf from Halloween Horror Nights over the years: Scarecrows from Hollywood Harry's: Dreadtime Storyz, Lorraine Massey from The Shining, and The Mummy from Universal Monsters: Music by Slash.
- Most of the signs and props inside the Firefly House were from the actual movie.
- In the Cave there was supposed to be a dripping water effect. However, due to the water continuously leaking the effect was cut.
- The Cave was also supposed to be much larger but that was also cut.
- The masks for the S. Quentin Quale Minions were reused Walker masks from The Walking Dead Attraction.
|Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2019|
|Haunted Mazes: Stranger Things • Holidayz in Hell • Universal Monsters: Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man • The Walking Dead Attraction • Ghostbusters • Killer Klowns From Outer Space • Creepshow • Us • House of 1000 Corpses • The Curse of Pandora's Box|
|Scarezones: Fallen Angelz • Spirits & Demons of the East • Christmas in Hell • ToXXXic Tunnel • All Hallow's Evil|
|Unofficial Scarezone: Halloween Chainsaw Maniacs|
|Other Attraction: 80s Throwback Thursdays|