|Halloween Horror Nights Orlando attraction|
|House of 1000 Corpses|
|Attraction type||Haunted House|
|Event||Halloween Horror Nights 29|
|Park||Universal Studios Florida|
|Housed in||MIB Tent|
|Based on||House of 1000 Corpses (2003)|
History and Location
On August 14th, 2019, Universal announced that a haunted house based on the 2003 movie, House of 1000 Corpses would be coming to their Halloween Horror Nights event that year. The codename for this house was "chicken", a reference to how the gas station from the movie sold fried chicken.
The house would be located in a temporary tent located behind the Men in Black extended queue. The tent would be put up before the event (to hold the haunted house) and taken down after the event.
The haunted house would be very popular, and would go on to win the House of the Year award. This would make it the first house to win the award that was located in the MIB Tent.
Rob Zombie’s epic horror masterpiece comes to life as you attempt to escape the blood soaked house of the psychotic Firefly family.
EVERY ROOM IS DECORATED IN BLOOD
From the Ruggsville, Texas roadside oddity "Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters & Madmen" to the home of the psychotic Firefly family, Rob Zombie's epic horror masterpiece comes to life.
Scream all you want, you won't find any mercy from the Fireflys as each family is more sadistic than the next. It's a never-ending nightmare of blood and gore as they lunge at you from every filthy corner of their decrepit house with rusty implements of horror.
Nobody's coming to save you. After all, what's one more corpse when there are a thousand others inside.
Ever wonder how many corpses you can fit inside a house? One…10…do we dare say 1000? Find out at Halloween Horror Nights with House of 1000 Corpses, the new haunted house based on Rob Zombie’s horror masterpiece. This fall, you’ll discover firsthand why this house is built on horror. Come face-to-face with the psychotic Firefly family and their collection of blood and gore. Watch “The Legend of Doctor Satan” come to life right before your eyes. Keep a lookout for the latest addition to Captain Spaulding’s Museum of Monsters and Madmen, Fish Boy! And if you’re lucky, you’ll escape the house as fast as a rabbit, minus the fluffy bunny costume and tragic ending.
Queue and Facade
The queue entered to the right of the Fear Factor Stage. The queue would go through the exterior Men in Black extended queue. The facade is based off of Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Madmen. On the left side is the giant skull entrance for the murder ride. Additionally Bill & Ted's phone booth can also be seen.
As guests entered the house, they would be greeted by a Clown Animatronic (really a scareactor) who would stand still, only to laugh sporadically. Guests would then enter the opening scene from the movie, where the corpses of Richard Wick and Killer Karl could be seen as Captain Spaulding mocks them behind his desk. The next room featured Ravelli attacking guests with a sledgehammer. After that, guests would enter a transition room, playing one of the transitions from the movie on a screen (on both the left-hand wall and on the ceiling), while hanging dolls and masks could be seen strewn about the room. Next, guests would enter the bedroom of the Firefly Farmhouse, where Baby in her show outfit would jump out. Mary could be seen tied to a chair wearing a dunce cap (mannequin) and Otis B. Driftwood also appeared in this room. After that, guests enter a small room where they could see the Mermaid Man.
The following room was another bedroom, where Jerry Goldsmith could be seen tied to a chair. Baby Firefly would then pop out of a boo-hole, and scalp him. The corpse of a cheerleader also appeared on the bed. Guests would then enter the basement, where Tiny Firefly would jump out across from a boiler and some stairs with many different props on it. Further into the room, guests would see a captive Denise Willis in a cage and another Otis jumping out.
Next, guests would enter into a hall in the firefly house where they could see Grandpa Hugo and Mother Firefly jumping out next to Jerry, Nancy, and Mary dressed up as bunnies tied up. Going further down the hallway, guests would see Otis wearing Don Willis' skin jumping out. Guests would then enter another transition room, this time with a screen on the ceiling and Christmas stockings strewn about. The next room featured an "outside" area, where a few different scarecrows were strewn about. A trashcan would rattle and shake as guests entered the barn. In the barn, guests would see the corpses of four cheerleaders, while Rufus Firefly wearing a bear costume jumps out on the right.
The next room featured the underground tunnels, where a few corpses were strewn across the rocky wall. Guests could see Jerry in a bunny costume jumping out and the broken wooden cage above them. Two of Dr. Satan's Minions would jump out of holes in the walls and grab at guests. Next, guests would be standing right outside of Dr. Satan's lair, as a bone chandelier hangs from above and one of Dr. Satan's assistants points guests into the door. In Dr. Satan's Lair, guests would see Dr. Satan "operating" on Jerry on the right (exposing his skull and ribcage), while Earl Firefly jumps out on the left. Going back into the tunnels, Earl Firefly would jump out at guests twice more, the second time causing a blast of air to blow in the guests face. After that, guests would be outside of the murder attraction, where Otis and Baby would jump out wearing their sacrificial clothes. They could also see pictures outside advertising killers such as Ed Gein, Albert Fish, and Lizzie Borden. Entering the Murder attraction, guests would see a sign detailing the various murderers they would see, as one final Captain Spaulding jumps out at the end. Guests would then exit the house.
- I'll tell you what, Ski King, why don't you just take your mama home some chicken and then I won't have to stuff my boot all up in ya ass!- Captain Spaulding
- I ain't readin' no funny books, mama. Our bodies come and go but this blood... is forever.- Otis
- I wanna be loved by you, yes you. Nobody else but you.- Baby Firefly
- Hey, poopypants. What's new?- Baby Firefly
- Shut Up- Baby Firefly
- It's showtime! Grandpa Hugo
- Who is your daddy?- Mother Firefly
- I'm the one who brings the Christmas candy.- Otis
- Who's your daddy?- Otis
- Car's done.- Rufus Firefly
- Run, rabbit, run!- Otis
- Shoo, shoo, said the maiden.- Baby Firefly
- Clown Animatronic
- Captain Spaulding x2
- Baby Firefly x3
- Otis x4
- Jerry Goldsmith X2
- Tiny Firefly
- Denise Willis
- Grandpa Hugo
- Mother Firefly
- Rufus Firefly
- S. Quentin Quale
- Earl Firefly X3
- S. Quentin Quale Minions x3
- Select key moments in this haunted house were created by the Halloween Horror Nights decor artists, by hand, using photos of the set taken directly from the film as reference.
- David Hughes has said that talks about this house had made rounds and been tossed around for years to come to the event but they were glad to have finally brought it alongside Rob's scarezone.
- Masks from different houses appeared in the lobby for Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Madmen, including Frankenstein's Monster and the Gill-Man from Universal Monsters, the Bubble-Head Nurses from Welcome to Silent Hill, an Ice Demon from Immortal Island, Leatherface from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and a Gentlemen mask from Body Collectors.
- Patience Buckner's portrait from The Cabin in the Woods haunted house could also be seen in the lobby for Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Madmen.
- Lets all go to the lobby posters (the hotdog, soda, and popcorn) from Halloween Horror Nights: Ripped from the Silver Screen appear in various rooms of this house.
- The "living transitions" in the house had things on them that were particular to certain characters. The first one had dolls in it which connected to Baby Firefly, and the second one had Christmas stockings hanging from the ceiling which connected to Otis B. Driftwood.
- In the case that Jerry was missing, Baby did her scalping scene in a doorway as if Jerry was in the other room.
- One of the Otis characters wasn't wearing a wig, but actually had the full length of hair.
- Masks from the Trick 'r Treat scarezone could be seen.
- The scenic for the tunnels were reused from Poltergeist.
- The bone chandelier that appeared in the Halloween Horror Nights 25 haunted house, Body Collectors: Recollections appeared in the room before guests would meet Dr. Satan.
- Staying true to the film, the Design Team wanted to duplicate the exterior of the "Murder Ride" from the film so that guests enter through the museum and exit through the "Murder Ride" just like the characters from the film did.
- This house was named 2019's House of the Year.
|Halloween Horror Nights 29|
|Haunted Houses: Stranger Things • Nightingales: Blood Pit • Universal Monsters • Depths of Fear • Yeti: Terror of the Yukon • Ghostbusters • Killer Klowns From Outer Space • Us • Graveyard Games • House of 1000 Corpses|
|Scarezones: Zombieland Double Tap • Rob Zombie HellBilly Deluxe • Anarch-Cade • Vanity Ball • Vikings Undead|
|Unofficial Scarezone: Skele-Saws|
|Shows: Academy of Villains: Altered States • Halloween Marathon of Mayhem|