|Halloween Horror Nights Orlando attraction|
|Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past|
|Attraction type||Haunted House|
|Event||Halloween Horror Nights: Twenty Years of Fear|
|Park||Universal Studios Florida|
|Area||Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone|
|Housed in||Parade Warehouse|
|Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters & Mayhem (2015)|
History and Location Edit
For their 20th anniversary event, Universal decided to have a haunted house celebrating the last twenty years of Halloween Horror Nights. This house would be titled Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past, and would feature two warehouse-themed rooms featuring many props from previous Halloween Horror Nights events. It would also feature five rooms based on five of their past haunted houses.
The S.S. Frightanic: Carnage Crew scene from this house also appeared in the Legend section in the interactive game, The Warehouse eXXperience which appeared on the Halloween Horror Nights website. The house would be located in a building called The Parade Warehouse. The Parade Warehouse was a very large warehouse built to hold the various parade floats used at Universal.
The house takes place within the confines of the Halloween Horror Nights prop warehouse, also featured in the commercial and promotional material for the event for the event, the Warehouse eXXperience, and the HHN: 20 Years of Fear scarezone.
Travel into a nightmarish realm where Horror Nights isn't just an event, but a reality.
Halloween Horror Nights-the name brings with it millions of tales, each filled with thousands of screams. Now, you have the opportunity to travel into a realm where Horror Nights isn't just an event, but a reality.
Queue and Facade Edit
Guests would enter the queue to the left of the E.T. ride. The queue would go through the exterior queue of the E.T. ride, before going to the Parade Warehouse. Outside of the Parade Warehouse, Gog and Magog would point guests to the door of the haunted house. Guests would enter through the front door of the Parade Warehouse.
Haunted House Edit
Guests enter the house under the guise of the Universal Prop Warehouse, and begin by browsing through a wide range of stored items in the warehouse from the past 19 years of Horror Nights, while overhead posters and banners bear roman numerals from I - XIX. As guests reach numeral XX, the warehouse takes on a mind of it's own, and leads you into a large open Lantern, revealing a Revolving Tunnel featuring images of Fear's minions; the past icons Jack the Clown, The Caretaker, The Director, The Storyteller and The Usher. As you exit the revolving tunnel, guests walk through some more of the prop storage space where they are attacked by some characters from the past.
You then enter a scene based on the Disorientorium house from Halloween Horror Nights XIV, where you walk through the Treaks and Foons' crazy mirror maze as they come up to and attack you. Guests then enter a scene based on the Scary Tales: Once Upon a Nightmare and Asylum in Wonderland attractions from Halloween Horror Nights: Reflections of Fear and see Alice savaging the recently dead corpse of The March Hare, as The Mad Hatter and The White Rabbit attack from different areas of the room. The next two rooms featured the zombies from Dead Exposure as guests walk down a long hall filled with flashing strobe lights and undead corpses, some of which are mannequins, and others being played by actors that try to attack you.
You then enter a scene from the S.S. Frightanic: Carnage Crew house from Halloween Horror Nights VIII, and see the undead Captain commanding the wheel of his ship as it begins to rock. Water pours across the windows, while the crew members of the ship attack throughout the scene. Following, is a scene taken from Body Collectors and Body Collectors: Collections of the Past, as you see the various body parts stored by The Gentlemen. Then as you wind the corner, you see one ripping a victim's spine out as other Gentlemen attack from different areas.
In the final room, you walk through the last areas of the Halloween Horror Nights Prop Storage Warehouse (the Halloween Horror Nights XX room), and are attacked by Jack the Clown, Chance, The Usher, The Caretaker, The Director, The Storyteller, and Eddie Schmidt, while the voice-over of Fear is heard, giving guests a final scare. Guests then exit the house and back into the event.
- Treaks and Foons (2002) or Disorientorium (2004)
- Scary Tales: Once Upon a Nightmare (2008)
- Body Collectors: Collections of the Past (2008)
- Dead Exposure (2008)
- S.S. Frightanic: Carnage Crew (1998)
- Horror Nights Nightmares (2004)
- Treaks and Foons
- Mad Hatter
- White Rabbit
- Ship's Captain
- S.S. Frightanic Crew x2
- Body Collectors x2
- The Usher
- Eddie Schmidt
- The Director
- The Caretaker
- The Storyteller
Warehouse Props Edit
- Signs Representing all of the Halloween Horror Nights events up to that Point (1991-2009)
- Skull Head on Fountain (1990s)
- Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure VII: Dial "E" For Excellent! Sign (1998)
- Inferno Sign (1998)
- S.S. Frightanic: Carnage Crew Sign (1998)
- Universal's Museum of Horror: Chamber of Horrors Sign (1998)
- Universal's Museum of Horror: Unnatural History Sign (1998)
- Insanity Sign (1999)
- Mummy Headress and Corpses (1999)
- Dark Torment Sign (2000)
- Jack's Jack in the Box (2000)
- Jack Building Blocks (2000)
- Dummy seen at the end of Superstitions (2001)
- Halloween Horror Nights XI Sign (2001)
- Midway of the Bizarre Sign (2001)
- Run Sign (2001)
- Rat Lady Coffin (2002)
- Fire Demon Costume from Immortal Island (2003)
- Halloween Horror Nights 13 Sign (2003)
- Sentinel Mask (2003)
- Shadybrook Sign from the Psycho Scareapy facade (2003)
- Bone Chopper (2005)
- Demon Cantina Sign (2005)
- Eelmouth Statue (2005)
- Fire Pits Sign (2005)
- Gentleman Masks (2005)
- All Nite Die-In: Take 2 Sign (2006)
- Cindy Caine's Coffin from Screamhouse: The Resurrection (2006)
- Dungeon of Terror: Retold Sign (2006)
- Deadtropolis: Zombie Siege Sign (2006)
- 1991-2005 Event Signs from Horror Comes Home (2006)
- Icons Image (2006)
- Picture of Cindy Caine from Screamhouse: The Resurrection (2006)
- Screamhouse: The Resurrection Sign (2006)
- Billy the Doll from Dead Silence: The Curse of Mary Shaw (2007)
- Elm Street Sign from A Nightmare on Elm Street: Dreamwalkers (2007)
- Freddy Sweaters from A Nightmare on Elm Street: Dreamwalkers (2007)
- Jason Mask from Friday the 13th: Camp Blood (2007)
- Jason Costume from Friday the 13th: Camp Blood (2007)
- Mary Shaw's Tombstone from Dead Silence: The Curse of Mary Shaw (2007)
- Thing Bust from The Thing: Assimilation (2007)
- Split-Face Thing Statue from The Thing: Assimilation (2007)
- Leg Lamp from Psychoscareapy: Home for the Holidays (2007)
- Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater's Pumpkin from Fractured Tales (2008)
- Alien tentacle from Creatures! (2008)
- Bear Head from Scary Tales: Once Upon a Nightmare (2008)
- Little Bo Peep Costume from Fractured Tales (2008)
- The Headless Horseman from The Hallow (2008)
- Ape Experiment from Frankenstein: Creation of the Damned (2009)
- Claw Machine from Chucky: Friends til the End (2009)
- Chucky Dolls and Heads from Chucky: Friends til the End (2009)
- Corpse from Frankenstein: Creation of the Damned (2009)
- Jigsaw's Cloak from SAW (2009)
- My Bloody Valentine 3D posters from Silver Screams (2009)
- Pig Mask from SAW (2009)
- Scalping Seat from SAW (2009)
- Sign from the SAW Queue (2009)
- Sign from The Wolfman (2009)
- Tiffany Valentine Painting from Chucky: Friends til the End (2009)
- The Strangers Poster from Silver Screams (2009)
- The Thing Poster from Silver Screams (2009)
- The Phantom of the Opera's Organ from Silver Screams (2009)
- Venus Flytrap Mask from SAW (2009)
- Wilson Steel Sign from SAW (2009)
- Zombie Soldier from War of the Living Dead (2009)
Website Pictures Edit
- The tunnel might be the Portameus, as it lead's into Fear's realm in which he entered reality.
- You can see the actual Book of the Dead prop from the film, The Mummy. A sarcophagus from the house can also be seen at the end.
- The "HHN Storage: No Unauthorized Entry" sign from the commercial was seen in the queue, and was vandalized (by Universal of course) to say "All Entry Allowed".
- The Body Collectors scene was originally a large operating theatre, but changed to fit the small accommodations of the Parade Warehouse.
- Audio from past Halloween Horror Nights events were heard in both the beginning and the end. One of the voice clips was from a rare radio spot for Halloween Horror Nights: Reflections of Fear (In the end... it's me they'll blame. Even though it was you who said my name...)
- The Revolving Tunnel (a spinning and disorientating tunnel that guests would walk through) appeared in this house. It featured the faces of the past icons. The effect would later be used in a several more haunted houses, with the next one being The In-Between during Halloween Horror Nights 21.
- In the Dead Exposure scene of the house, one of the zombies on the wall was from Capcom's zombie video game franchise Resident Evil, which later got a house in 2013.
|Halloween Horror Nights: Twenty Years of Fear|
|Characters: Fear (Event Icon) • Jack the Clown • The Caretaker • The Director • The Storyteller • The Usher • Cindy Caine • Eddie Schmidt • Chance • The Inmates of Shadybrook Asylum|
|Haunted Houses: Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate • PsychoScareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook • Hades: The Gates of Ruin • ZombieGeddon • The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes • Havoc: Dogs of War • Catacombs: Black Death Rising • Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past|
|Scarezones: Esqueleto Muerte • The Coven • Saws N' Steam • Zombie Gras • Fear Revealed • HHN: 20 Years of Fear|
|Shows: Brian Brushwood: Menace and Malice • Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure|