|Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood attraction|
|Holidayz in Hell|
|Attraction type||Haunted Maze|
|Event||Halloween Horror Nights 2019|
|Park||Universal Studios Hollywood|
|Housed in||Parisian Courtyard|
|Preceded By||Holidayz in Hell (2018)|
Description[edit | edit source]
What is supposed to be a time with friends, family and loved ones, the holidays have quite literally…gone to Hell! The terrors are far from limited to just Halloween. Prepare yourself for a sadistic experience involving a trip through a series of psychotic seasonal celebrations. Your creepy crawl through the year’s calendar is a true 365 day nightmare. After all, in our world…the scarier, the merrier!
Experience[edit | edit source]
New Year's Day[edit | edit source]
As guests enter, they are greeted by an Undead Male Party Reveler (Or on some occasions an Undead Female Party Reveler) who is holding a martini glass in his hand and is standing in front of a giant martini glass with a skeleton inside. As guests continue, they enter a nursery filled with undead, crying babies, one of which is being cradled by a Nightmare Nurse brandishing a knife. Before the appearance of the nurse, Father Time can be seen overlooking the guests and nursery from behind a wall.
Valentine's Day[edit | edit source]
Guests proceed through a Tunnel of Love, where Cupids pop out from behind openings in walls brandishing knives. One Cupid is holding a woman (presumably a bridesmaid) at knife point. The woman is bound to a table, and can only cry out for help as the Cupid threatens her. To either side of the table, a bride and groom are bound to the walls, dead. As guests exit the Tunnel of Love, candy hearts adorn the walls with macabre messages written on them, like "Kill", "Kut Me" and "Dismember Me".
Saint Patrick's Day[edit | edit source]
Leprechauns appear behind fences and speak constantly throughout the guests' procedure through the area, telling them that they will not steal their gold or "If it's gold ya want, gold ya shall get". At one point, a man, presumably a victim of the Leprechauns, can be found tied up inside the well, and will occasionally spit water, spraying any guests in front of him.
Easter[edit | edit source]
As a creepy nursery tune plays, a well can be seen with a person trapped inside when the guests first enter. Then, they will come across 4 giant Easter eggs, 1 containing a ravenous bunny, 1 with a Jack-O-Lantern face, one with human arms sticking out, and 1 where a beakless Peep pops out, accompanied by a chicken clucking. Then, the Easter Bunny pops out from behind a curtain, and after guests pass him, they come across children traumatized and being held captive by fairly normal-looking yet emptily-staring Easter Bunnies.
4th of July[edit | edit source]
Uncle Sam can be found holding fireworks. As guests pass him, they come across a kid who as a result of a fireworks accident has lost his legs and half of his face. Towards the end of the area, Uncle Sam pops out at guests from their right.
Halloween[edit | edit source]
Guests enter a large Jack-O-Lantern filled with pumpkinheads. Most of the pumpkinheads stand still, though some will come to life and lunge at guests.
Thanksgiving[edit | edit source]
Guests enter a dining room occupied by a dead family sitting at a table with a human cooked instead of a turkey. Turkey Lurkeys will come out lunging at the guests.
Christmas[edit | edit source]
Guests are now outside in a Christmas Tree Lot, surrounded by trees decorated with intestines. Evil Santa pops out from behind an opening in a fence, accompanied by a demonic "Ho ho ho". As guests proceed onwards, they get greeted by Mrs. Claus, an elf, a nutcracker and a Snow Queen who patrol the area. The area is littered with presents and a macabre-looking snowman.
New Year's Eve[edit | edit source]
The Undead Male Party Reveler from New Year's Day can be found, along with Father Time as guests exit the maze.
Scareactors[edit | edit source]
- Undead Male Party Reveler
- Undead Female Party Reveler
- Father Time
- Nightmare Nurse
- Baby New Year
- Cupid x3
- Cupid's Victim
- Leprechaun x3
- Easter Bunny
- Uncle Sam
- Injured Kid
- Pumpkin in Black x2
- Turkey Lurkey x2
- Satan Claus
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Soundtrack[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Murdy had said after he seen that the Holidayz in Hell (Scarezone) the previous year was a highly rated scarezone, and it was a definite choice for them to make it into a maze this year .
- This maze was a three way collaboration between John Murdy, Chris Williams, and Pat Quinn.
- Murdy had said the music featured in the announcement video from this house is a demo that Figure was still in the process of when finishing up for the maze .
- A majority of the tracks used in the maze were from pre-existing Figure songs, with the only one created originally for the maze being Halloween.
- Father Time's scythe on the facade pointed near 12am on the clock for the New Year.
- All of the lyrics for each holiday's song were written by John Murdy..
- The New Years scene was set in 1928 .
- Baby New Year in a crib was initially in the maze in the New Years section, and was discussed at Monsterpalooza, but was removed very early in the event's run due to complications with the effect.
- The radio in the first scene was talking about the first baby born in the New Year. The Nursery was inspired by an old nursery in Chernobyl.
- The hovel in the Hansel & Gretel Artwork in the New Year's Eve Section looks very similar to the House from the Saint Patrick's Day section, which is possible foreshadowing.
- The victims killed by arrows on the pillars in the Valentine's Day Section were inspired by the statue of Saint Sebastian .
- The victim drowned in the well in the Saint Patrick's Day section was inspired by a Dick Smith makeup for the movie, Ghost Story .
- A scene where the Leprechaun would be seen pouring molten gold over a victims head was discussed at Monsterpalooza but was cut, although audio from this scene still remains in the maze, such as an unseen victim screaming as the Leprechaun says "if its gold ye want, then gold ye shall get!".
- The Injured Kid's legs were actually on top of the blown off roof above the character.
- The Halloween section of the maze was different from the one seen in the scarezone.
- The UV light Pumpkin Head hallway was reused from the Halloween: Hell Comes to Haddonfield maze, though the sculpts strongly resemble the pumpkin heads from Hell-O-Ween.
- The Thanksgiving section originally had a cooked semi-nude human corpse on the dining table posed like a cooked turkey, but it was removed several weeks into the event due to complaints of how graphic the prop appeared. It was replaced by a pile of organs.
- Santa and his Reindeer on the Christmas Postcard seemed to be referencing Santa's look and the Skeleton Reindeer in the Holidayz in Hell (Scarezone) rather than the maze's version.
- A scare involving a Mutant Christmas Tree was discussed at Monsterpalooza, but was not in the final maze. Whether this is due to complications with the effect or budgetary restrictions is unknown.
- Both this maze and The Curse of Pandora's Box came full circle with the beginnings of their maze and endings. This maze started with Baby New Year being born and in the Christmas in Hell scarezone, Baby New Year is all grown up as a toddler.
References[edit | edit source]
|Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2019|
|Haunted Mazes: Stranger Things • Holidayz in Hell • Universal Monsters: Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man • The Walking Dead Attraction • Ghostbusters • Killer Klowns From Outer Space • Creepshow • Us • House of 1000 Corpses • The Curse of Pandora's Box|
|Scarezones: Fallen Angelz • Spirits & Demons of the East • Christmas in Hell • ToXXXic Tunnel • All Hallow's Evil|
|Unofficial Scarezone: Halloween Chainsaw Maniacs|
|Other Attraction: 80s Throwback Thursdays|