|Halloween Horror Nights Orlando attraction|
|Attraction type||Haunted House|
|Event||Halloween Horror Nights 23|
|Park||Universal Studios Florida|
|Housed in||Disaster! Queue|
|Preceded by||Havoc: Dogs of War (2010)|
Havoc: Derailed (also known as Havoc2: Derailed or Havoc 2: Derailed) was one of the eight haunted houses that were featured during Halloween Horror Nights 23. The house was located in theDisaster! Queue. It was a sequel to the popular house Havoc: Dogs of War during Halloween Horror Nights: Twenty Years of Fear.
History and Location[edit | edit source]
On August 30th, 2013, Universal announced that a haunted house that served as a sequel to the popular house, Havoc: Dogs of War from 2010 would be coming to their Halloween Horror Nights event that year. The house would mainly be set in a train (which would later crash), with a few scenes at the end taking place on the streets of Carey, Ohio.
The house would be located in the extended queue for the Disaster ride, and would be the sixth haunted house in this location.
Description[edit | edit source]
Hang on tight aboard a militaristic train convoy that is secretly transporting the “Dogs of War”—a genetically engineered super soldier outfit. These bloodthirsty maniacs are only bent on mayhem and destruction of a speeding train. This is Havoc!
The “Dogs of War”—a genetically engineered super soldier outfit— are bloodthirsty maniacs bent on destruction, with their sights set on a speeding train.
Experience[edit | edit source]
Queue and Facade[edit | edit source]
Guests would enter the queue of this house to the left of the entrance for Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue. The queue would go to a backstage area behind the Disaster building, where the line would loop around multiple times before entering the Disaster building from the back. A queue video would play on one of the walls of the building. Outside the entrance to the house was a large train with a gun on top of it.
Haunted House[edit | edit source]
Upon entering the house, you enter the office where the train is stationed and an armored guard is seen telling guests to hurry up while using a cattle prod to keep a caged Dog of War at bay. The following room is the medical car where a Dog of War is seen on a table. Suddenly, the lights flicker to simulate the Dog of War escaping his restraints. On the other side of the car is another Dog of War in a chamber who will scare the guests by "breaking" through the chamber. The guests then leave the first car and enter the other (with fans blowing above them to simulate the train in motion) car which is a holding cell for two Dog of Wars. The first Dog of War is often seen trying to scare guests by "strangling" a medical officer, while he screams out of rage. The third car features one large cell where two or three Dog of War soldiers try to scare the guests while they encounter another armored soldier. Upon exiting, guests reach a chamber where they encounter flashing lights along with a very bright flash (implicating that the train has derailed and crashed). Upon exiting the light chamber, they must go through the "wreckage" where air blasts (simulating automatic gunfire) are felt, along with encountering M4 wielding Dog of War soldiers. After making it through the first sector, they enter a train car which is on it's "side". After exiting the wrecked car, the guests have to go through another gauntlet of gun wielding soldiers until the end of the house.
Scareactors[edit | edit source]
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Soundtrack[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The story of the house takes place in Carey, Ohio (which is a recurring A&D related joke used in previous Halloween Horror Nights events since 2008)
- Some of the songs heard in the queue video include: War Pigs (by Black Sabbath), Of Wolf and Man by Metallica, Land of Confusion (2006 version) by Disturbed, and Testify by Rage Against the Machine.
- Dr. Mary Agana/ Bloody Mary could be seen on one of the monitors.
- Like in the previous house, the actors in this house actually shaved their heads to be in character.
- The park's creative used the design of the house to experiment with a number of new scares.
- Michael Aiello has stated on the house, "Although the train cars are not moving, the house features a before and after motif. The crash point is accompanied by blinding light and very loud sound effects to create the illusion of a train crashing. The back half was an easier build than the front half for us because building confined train cars is something we've never done before. We're either A going to be really good at it or B we're going to learn from it. We do stuff like that every single year because it's the only way this event moves forward with the type of effects we do."
|Halloween Horror Nights 23|
|Characters: Bobby “The Blade” Galletta • La Llarona • PS|
|Haunted Houses: Afterlife: Death's Vengeance • An American Werewolf in London • The Cabin in the Woods • Evil Dead • Havoc: Derailed • Urban Legends: La Llorona • Resident Evil: Escape from Raccoon City • The Walking Dead: No Safe Haven|
|Scarezone: The Walking Dead: The Undead Streets|
|Unofficial Scarezones: Walking Dead: The Fall of Atlanta • Walking Dead: Clear • Walking Dead: Woodlands • Walking Dead: Survivor's Camp • Walking Dead: The Farm|
|Shows: The Rocky Horror Picture Show: A Tribute (Orlando) • Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure|