|Halloween Horror Nights Orlando event|
|Halloween Horror Nights: Twenty Years of Fear|
|Slogan||Twenty Years of Fear/ A New Era of Darkness Begins/A New Age of Darkness|
|Icon||Fear (Originally Cindy Caine)|
(originally The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes).
|Number of haunted houses||8|
|Number of scarezones||6|
|Preceded by||Halloween Horror Nights: Ripped from the Silver Screen|
|Followed by||Halloween Horror Nights 21|
"There is more to paralyzing fear than a scream in the darkness or a cool breath on the back of the neck. Or the grip of the undead.
Fear that truly consumes us comes from deep inside our souls, stirred by something we don't always understand and rarely have the chance to confront. Until now."
- 1 Dates & Times
- 2 Ticket Prices
- 3 Campaign
- 4 Faces in the Fire
- 5 Prominent Characters
- 6 Attractions
- 7 Website Pictures
- 8 Website Audio
- 9 Pictures
- 10 VIP Lounge Pictures 
- 11 Halloween Horror Nights: Twenty Years of Fear Merchandise and Collectables
- 12 Videos
- 13 Trivia
Dates & Times
September 24-25 & 30 2010
October 1-3, 7-10, 14-17, 20-24, & 27-31 2010
6:30 PM to 12:00 AM: September 24-25 & 30 as well as October 3, 7, 20, 27, & 31
6:30 PM to 1:00 AM: October 10, 14, 17, 21, 24, & 28
6:30 PM to 2:00 AM: October 1-2, 8-9, 15-16, 22-23, & 29-30
Single Night Admission: $74.99 + tax
Frequent Fear Pass: $74.99 + tax
Frequent Fear Plus Pass: $89.99 + tax
Frequent Fear Pass w/ Express Access: $154.98 + tax
Frequent Fear Plus Pass w/ Express Access: $239.98 + tax
The website was released on June 13 2010, with an open audition call and a Twenty Years of Fear gallery featuring a retrospective with pictures and video of events and characters of Horror Nights past. A lantern with 2 X's on was the the main prop of the year (as with Sweet 16's birthday cake, The Usher's flashlight, etc).
On the website, clicking on the lantern's flame released pictures of the past Icons and took you to a page with pictures of props and facades: a mummy sarcophagus, a facade for a maze set in Shadow Creek, and a side view of the facade for another maze.
A continuation of the previous Legendary Truth campaign was been introduced, called Legendary Truth: Awakening.
On August 27, 2010, Fear was Revealed.
Faces in the Fire
Jack the Clown- An undead trickster. He once held is own Carnival as Ringmaster. He appeared at Fear’s arrival as a token of the Chaos that permeated Horror Nights.
The Caretaker- A mortician with powers over Darkness. He may be undead. He appeared at Fear’s arrival as a token of Death.
The Director- A filmmaker. his controversial tactics got him blacklisted from his own country. He appeared at Adaru’s arrival as a token of the Sacrifices that had to be made.
The Storyteller- The owner of North Hollow Household. She twice told of tales that were rather gory. She appeared at Fear’s arrival as a token of the Legends of Horror Nights' past.
The Usher- An Usher at the Universal Palace Theater. He doesn’t tolerate rule breaking. He appeared at Fear’s arrival as a token of swift Vengeance.
- Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past- Halloween Horror Nights (Parade Warehouse)- The name brings with it millions of tales, each filled with thousands of screams. Now, you have the opportunity to travel into a realm where Horror Nights isn't just an event, but a reality.
- The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes (JAWS Queue) - Ashes to ashes, forever now dust. For years she has existed in the shadows, never getting her due. Misunderstood by all around her, she has had enough of her playthings at the Good Harvest Orphanage - now is the time for vengeance. This burned out shell contains the souls of the forgotten and the lost who all scream one name: Cindy .
- Hades: The Gates of Ruin (Soundstage 23) - Hades bids you welcome. Make your way into the Underworld, and come face to face with the most terrifying creatures of legend as you cross through the Gates of Ruin.
- PsychoScareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook (Soundstage 23) - The truth, as they say, is far stranger than fiction, and in this instance they happen to be correct. Although Shadybrook's doors have indeed been closed for the last 15 years, the place is still very much alive with all of the criminally insane souls that have ever walked its halls.
- Havoc: Dogs of War (Sprung Tent 2)- Ten years ago, the Shadowcreek Enterprise was tasked with developing an elite corp of soldiers. They succeeded. Through an inhalant that includes a compound of testosterone, adrenaline, and other anesthetics, Shadow Creek's latest run of volunteer test subjects are ready for inspection. The project name: HAVOC. The subjects are known simply as the Dogs of War.
- Catacombs: Black Death Rising (Sprung Tent 1) - During a plague of Paris and Marseilles in 1534, thousands died due to an undisclosed viral outbreak. A group of doctors took it upon themselves to quarantine the most infected citizens of the city. They had no way of knowing that the townspeople would betray them, sealing them into their doom. They have been unable to escape for almost five hundred years. Now that the dead inside have found a way out, they are rising to take their centuries old vengeance on any living being that dares to enter the Catacombs.
- ZombieGeddon (Disaster! Queue) - The United States government has re-taken the continental United States, and is actively engaged in clearing the remaining infested pockets of Canada. The government also licenses and sanctions private companies to capture "un-live" subjects and use them as practical targets during these training sessions. Dozens of independent training consultant "companies" spring up, promising the best training that money can buy...and then there's ZAP...The Zombie Awareness Program.
- Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate (Soundstage 22) - The Spirit Seekers have come up with a machine that actually gathers spirits toward it. The group has decided to do a live broadcast from inside one of the most reportedly "haunted" sites in the entire United States, The Wyandot Estate, built in the 1920's in Carey, Ohio by the entrepreneur Malcolm Wyandot and his wife Lydia. The house has been rumored to be haunted since Malcolm brutally killed 13 dinner guests and his wife Lydia before committing suicide on October 30, 1929. The team is about to get more than they bargained for as the murdered hear their call and answer with terrible violence.
- HHN: 20 Years of Fear (Hollywood) - Step into the shadows of the last Twenty Years of Fear. Move toward the lantern, and encounter the most frightening characters of Halloween Horror Nights past.
- Fear Revealed (Mel's Drive-In) - The souls of Chaos, Death, Sacrifice, Mythos and Vengeance - He created them and gave them terror. Each with a part to play, they fulfilled their tasks. Their malice provided him bone, their rage gave him blood, and their terror fulfilled his soul. What has been 19 cycles for some have been eons for him. He's waited patiently for the final piece, and now on the 20th cycle... HE IS REVEALED.
- Zombie Gras (San Francisco) - This Mardi Gras parade has gone severely off course. Infected by the North American zombie infestation, the undead walk among us, searching for their next meal...
- Esqueleto Muerte (Plaza of the Stars) - Revel in the seductive taunts of Death as you wind through a glowing skeletal nightmare.
- Saws N' Steam (New York) - Enormous trenches in the earth's crust have opened below its vast oceans, exposing them to intense heat. Steam power is essential to the inhabitants of New Yorkshire, but diminishing oceans have put the city in jeopardy, forcing the citizens to evil lengths. Beware upon entering the city, as the water in your body is now a coveted resource. And the citizens will stop at nothing to get it.
- The Coven (Shrek Alley)- Beware the Cult of the Raven! Enter this witch's realm at your peril, as unbelievers will be condemned to death.
- Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure (Fear Factor Stage)- Party on as those two most excellent dudes return to skewer the biggest names in entertainment and pop culture.
- Brian Brushwood: Menace and Malice (Beetlejuice Stage) - Experience two realms of bizarre magic by one of the country's most outrageous illusionists.
- The Simpsons Ride (World Expo)
- Men in Black: Alien Attack (World Expo)
- JAWS (Amity)
- Revenge of the Mummy (New York)
Audio that played on the Main Page and the Haunted House/ Scarezone page:
Check out the Warehouse eXXperience page for more website images and audio)
Halloween Horror Nights: Twenty Years of Fear Merchandise and Collectables
- The logo for the scarezone, HHN: 20 Years of Fear, has the faces in the fire from the Lantern. Eventually, later in the event, the scarezone's logo would become the event's own official logo, appearing on maps, and the website.
- Another first this year, are the number of attractions centering the event's past. In others years, there have only been one, but this year there are 3 (Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past, HHN: 20 Years of Fear, and Fear Revealed).
- Each house had a cameo of one of the icons.
- The houses were revealed on Friday, August 20, at exactly 20: 20.
- Most of the houses are actually sequels with brief mentions, references, or even returning characters from past houses.
- Jack had a photo op with a photo box mirroring the one from his 2000 commercial.
- In Central Park, Bloody Mary’s Pumpkin Patch from the Skoolhouse returned with the same sound effects minus the “Bloody Mary” chant.
|Halloween Horror Nights: Twenty Years of Fear|
|Characters: Fear (Event Icon) • Jack the Clown • The Caretaker • The Director • The Storyteller • The Usher • Cindy Caine • Eddie Schmidt • Chance • The Inmates of Shadybrook Asylum|
|Haunted Houses: Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate • PsychoScareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook • Hades: The Gates of Ruin • ZombieGeddon • The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes • Havoc: Dogs of War • Catacombs: Black Death Rising • Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past|
|Scarezones: Esqueleto Muerte • The Coven • Saws N' Steam • Zombie Gras • Fear Revealed • HHN: 20 Years of Fear|
|Shows: Brian Brushwood: Menace and Malice • Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure|
|Halloween Horror Nights Orlando|
|Event Additions: 1991 • 1992 • 1993 • 1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020 • 2021|