|Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood attraction|
Halloween: Michael Myers Comes Home
|Attraction type||Haunted Maze|
|Park||Universal Studios Hollywood|
|Housed in||Parisian Courtyard|
|Based on||Halloween Franchise (1978-2009)|
|Followed By||Halloween: Hell Comes to Haddonfield (2016)|
Description[edit | edit source]
October 31st, 1963 is a day that will forever haunt the small town of Haddonfield, Illinois. That's the night a six-year-old boy named Michael Myers inexplicably stabbed his sister to death. The family house where the murder took place has sat abandoned all these years, the source of endless tales about "The Boogeyman" Michael Myers. The local children believe the house is haunted.. they may be right. Welcome to Halloween: Michael Myers Comes Home, a terrifying new haunted attraction based on the classic movie that spawned an entire genre of Horror. Return to the town of Haddonfield on Halloween night, the night "he came back" to take his bloody revenge. Michael Myers is waiting for you in the dark, relentlessly stalking you at every turn. Just remember: "You can't kill the Boogeyman."
Scareactors[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no, uh, conscience, no understanding and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this six-year-old child with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes, the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him and then another seven trying to keep him locked up, because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply...evil. - Dr. Loomis
- "I watched him for fifteen years, sitting in a room, staring at a wall, not seeing the wall, looking past the wall." - Dr. Loomis
- "See anything you like?" - Lynda Van Der Klok
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Trick 'r Treaters from Halloween III: Season of the Witch appeared in this house.
- In Bob's Death scene, the Silver Shamrock commercial from Halloween III coud be seen playing on the T.V on the kitchen counter.
- One of the ways Murdy and his creative team wanted to go about designing this maze was to think of Michael Myers as something of a ghostly, unkillable figure, which lead to the working title of the maze being Halloween: The Ghost of Michael Myers. This was later changed to Michael Myers Comes Home after Murdy became unsure as to whether the concept would come across.
- Boneyard FX was responsible for recreating the original Michael Myers mask for both this maze and Hell Comes to Haddonfield, but when Halloween 4 was made into a maze in 2018, they used Trick or Treat Studios' Halloween 2 masks, likely due to the discontinuation of their relationship with Boneyard.
- On one night during the event's run, John Murdy stepped in to play Michael in the final mirror room, and managed to scare guests in such a way that they got lost in the room. This caused a backup in the maze and he was asked to stop.
- This maze was located in the Parisian Courtyard, almost exactly in the original location of the Western Stunt Show building where the original 2009 maze was located.
- From time to time Young Michael Myers can be seen in the above window of the facade stabbing his sister recreating the scene from the film.
|Halloween Horror Nights 2015|
|Haunted Mazes: The Walking Dead: Wolves Not Far • Insidious: Return To The Further • Halloween: Michael Myers Comes Home • This is The End 3D • Crimson Peak: Maze of Madness • AVP: Alien vs. Predator|
|Terror Tram: Terror Tram: Survive the Purge|
|Scarezones: Exterminatorz • Dark Christmas • Corpz • The Purge: Urban Nightmare|