Halloween Horror Nights Orlando attraction
|Attraction type||Haunted House|
|Event||Halloween Horror Nights 22|
|Park||Universal Studios Florida|
|Housed in||Soundstage 20|
History and Location[edit | edit source]
On August 30th, 2012, Universal announced that an original haunted house based on a gothic cathedral filled with moving stone gargoyles would be featured at that years Halloween Horror Nights event.
The house would be one of two located in Soundstage 20, the other one being Dead End. Soundstage 20 is one of the larger soundstage facilities designed to be used as filming locations for movies and television shows. These two houses would be the last two haunted houses located in Soundstage 20.
This house would prove to be very popular, and would win the House of the Year award in 2012. In 2015, a tribute scene from this house appeared in the haunted house, Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters & Mayhem.
Description[edit | edit source]
The Catedral de Caementum Animus is, by day, undergoing a building-wide architectural refurbishment. By night, the many stone gargoyles that keep watchful eye over the sanctuary come to life with the mission of protecting this sacred place against any intrusion.
By day, the Cathedral de Caementum Animus is being restored. By night, the gargoyles that keep watch come alive.
Experience[edit | edit source]
Queue and Facade[edit | edit source]
Guests would enter the queue to the right of the entrance for the Twister attraction. The queue would go through the line for the Twister ride and towards Soundstage 20, where guests entered the house.
When guests walked into the house, they would be greeted with the outside of a large cathedral.
Haunted House[edit | edit source]
Once you enter through the front door of the cathedral, you would see a moving statue on your left. Continuing further into the cathedral, you see a gargoyle jumping out from behind a statue. After that, is a room with hanging ropes where Hunchbacks jump out.
You then walk into a room filled with candles, where a gargoyle flies above you. After going through more scenes with gargoyles, you come into a large room which simulates a starry night outside as gargoyles fly on both sides of you. The final scene has gargoyles on bungee cords flying towards you at an incredible speed.
Scareactors[edit | edit source]
- Moving Statue
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The stone Gargoyle statues in the opening scene were formerly located on the sides of the original Universal Studios Florida archway entrance (which was replaced with the current archway in 1998).
- The stone gargoyles were also located at the beginning of theGrown Evil scarezone duringHalloween Horror Nights 21.
- A scene from this house was used in Jack Presents: 25 years of Monsters & Mayhem.
- This house won House of the Year in 2012.
- This is the last house located in Soundstage 20 along with Dead End.
- The house featured an elaborately designed cathedral during it's restoration. Park creatives built a full cathedral using forced prospective to make it seem bigger than it really was.
- The house was based on the Notre Dame Cathedral in France. (Source: BehindTheThrills.com)
- A bungee effect was brought back from The Forsaken from the previous year because the execution was said to have not worked well in 2011. (Source: BehindTheThrills.com)
|Halloween Horror Nights 22|
|Characters: The Legions of Horror • Alice Cooper|
|Haunted Houses: Dead End • Gothic • Universal's House of Horrors • The Walking Dead: Dead Inside • Welcome to Silent Hill • Alice Cooper: Welcome to My Nightmare • Penn & Teller: New(kd) Vegas|
|Scarezones: The Legions of Horror|
|Shows: Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure • 20 Penny Circus: Fully Exposed|