|Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood attraction|
|Attraction type||Haunted Maze|
|Event||Halloween Horror Nights 2019|
|Park||Universal Studios Hollywood|
|Housed in||747 Area|
|Based on||Ghostbusters (1984)|
Description[edit | edit source]
Ain’t afraid of ghosts, you say? That is, until you’ve experienced the all-new rift between worlds, releasing apparitions of all shapes and sizes. Enter with caution as you navigate through a deserted and dimly-lit New York after paranormal activity has engulfed the city. From the voracious Slimer to ghosts encapsulating the minds of the innocent, you’ll catch yourself thinking twice if you become their next victim. While the Ghostbusters have continuously saved the day with the help of their proton packs, this time, those who enter may not be so lucky.
Ain't afraid of no ghosts?
A rift between worlds has opened up releasing apparitions of every shape and size, from the voracious Slimer to the all-powerful Gozer the Gozerian. Step right into the world of the original film where ghoulish spirits, hideous specters and ectoplasm-dripping phantasms materialize where you least expect. Your screams only attract more ghosts, and even the Ghostbusters and their proton packs may not be able to avert a catastrophe this big. And we're talking Stay Puft Marshmallow Man big.
Scareactors[edit | edit source]
- Louis Tully
- Janine Melnitz
- Egon Spengler (Sometimes)
- Winston Zeddemore (Sometimes)
- Tony Scoleri
- Showgirl Ghost
- Electrocuted Ghost
- Nunzio Scoleri
- Slimer x5
- Library Ghost x2
- Peter Venkman
- Ray Stantz
- Dana Barrett
- Vinz Clortho
- Gozer the Gozerian
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Get her! - Ray stantz
- Venkman? Venkman! - Ray Stantz
- Hey, has anybody seen a ghost? - Peter Venkman
- We came, we saw, we kicked it's ass! - Peter Venkman
- Disgusting Blob. I'm going to have to hold it myself - Ray Stantz
- He slimed me - Peter Venkman
- The Traveler has come! - Gozer the Gozerian
- Roast him - Ray Stantz
- I love this town - Winston Zeddemore
Sound Effects[edit | edit source]
Tony Scoleri's Laughter
Nunzio Scoleri's Roar Effect
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The HHN Twitter gave out daily passwords for the house. If you were to tell the password to Louis (who would be standing outside the house), you would receive a prize. This is a list of the daily passwords:
- Gozer The Gozerian
- Giant Slor
- The Destructor
- Proton Pack
- Vinz Clortho
- Nice Doggie
- Sedgewick Hotel
- Central Park West
- Grey Lady
- Scoleri Brothers
- Containment Chamber
- Tobin's Spirit Guide
- Partical Reversal
- Stay Puft Marshmallow Man
- Cross The Streams
- Terror Dog
- Full Torso Apparition
- Murdy had said about the maze that with the film being a mix of comedy and horror, it was the same structure they were trying to the tie the maze in the same way.
- John Murdy has said that he had seen the film in theaters when he was in his junior year of high school.
- This house was very heavy on effects.
- It was both a challenge for the team to make this house and recreate some of the classic ghosts from the film.
- The house is puppet and scareactor focused.
- Murdy had said that this maze was an opportunity that arrived to the team and came at a good timing.
- One of the scenes that Murdy loves in this house is the one with Janine because the performer has the ability to trigger different dialog, sound effects, and lighting cues as she interacts with guests. Another scene he loves is Ray Stantz blasting Slimer.
- One of Murdy's biggest highlights was giving Dan Akroyd a behind the scenes tour of the maze and meeting Ivan Reitman which to him was an honor as well.
- In the original Ghostbusters script by Dan Aykroyd, the containment unit had a camera hook-up that allowed the Ghostbusters to see inside. Being a hardcore fan of Ghostbusters, Universal Creative pitched the idea to Ivan Reitman to bring that un-filmed idea to life. In this HHN scene, the containment chamber is about to blow up, and the concrete bricks in the room are splitting. The walls use an effect where they look solid, but with certain lighting, they will become see-through. The effect in the final maze is that the containment unit will blow up and we’ll end up inside it. We will see the ghosts inside the containment chamber in the other room.
- In Dan Akroyd’s original script, we saw the ghosts hanging out, playing cards. So the next scene tries to bring this to life. It is also presented with black light art, creating an illusion of paranormal activity. It’s also where we will encounter the Scalari brothers, one of the only references in the maze from Ghostbusters 2.
- Ivan Reitman and son Jason Reitman (Director of the new Ghostbusters film) were consultants for this maze alongside Dan Akroyd.
- The portals between the spirit world and reality seen in this maze are borrowed from the Ghostbusters Video game.
- This is only the second maze that Universal Hollywood has created based on a comedy property, the first being This is The End 3D.
- The design team initially considered including ghosts from the upcoming Ghostbusters: Afterlife, but the film was not far enough along in production to do so.
|Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2019|
|Haunted Mazes: Stranger Things • Holidayz in Hell • Universal Monsters: Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man • The Walking Dead Attraction • Ghostbusters • Killer Klowns From Outer Space • Creepshow • Us • House of 1000 Corpses • The Curse of Pandora's Box|
|Scarezones: Fallen Angelz • Spirits & Demons of the East • Christmas in Hell • ToXXXic Tunnel • All Hallow's Evil|
|Unofficial Scarezone: Halloween Chainsaw Maniacs|
|Other Attraction: 80s Throwback Thursdays|