Halloween Horror Nights Orlando attraction
|Dollhouse of the Damned|
|Event||Halloween Horror Nights 24|
|Park||Universal Studios Florida|
|Housed in||Sprung Tent 1|
History and Location[edit | edit source]
On August 12th, 2014, Universal announced that an original haunted house based on an evil dollhouse filled with many evil toys would be featured at that years Halloween Horror Nights event. The codename for the house was "Charlie", as there was an actor named Charlie who used dolls.
In 2006, Universal built two hurricane-proof tents behind the World Expo area of the park specifically for holding Halloween Horror Nights haunted houses. This house would be located in the southernmost one (called Sprung Tent 1). The house would prove to be very popular, and would co-win the House of the Year award in 2014 with Halloween.
Description[edit | edit source]
Within the decaying walls of this house awaits something evil. The unfortunate souls that enter here will become the damned that never escape.
Experience[edit | edit source]
The facade is a giant Dollhouse with a bunch of doll parts scattered around. When you enter, you come into a room full of handmade dolls. There is a woman dressed in a Raggedy Ann doll costume that has been sliced in half. She serves as a distraction, as a burlap doll jumps out at you. Next, you enter a nursery where baby dolls reach out at you from within cribs. Then, you enter a room where a nurse is cutting off a mans feet. After that, you enter a sort of hunters cabin with various stuffed animals on walls (the most notable of which is a Teddy Ruxpin bear). A hunter bear jumps out at you and another jumps out of the fire place. Then, you enter a freezer, where a woman with the head of a doll shoved in her mouth says "Make you pretty" while stroking a doll. While you are looking at that a camouflaged actor in a pile of dolls jumps out. Then you enter a room filled with dolls with their necks snapped. A scareactor jumps out in the corner with a slit throat. As you exit the room a ballerina wearing a doll mask jumps out behind a curtain. Next you enter a room with ventriloquist dummies holding onto dolls with a person who runs out of a corner. The final room is an oval shaped room with giant baby faces over multiple fake doorways with scareactors lunging out at you.
Scareactors[edit | edit source]
- Raggedy Ann
- Burlap Doll
- Baby (x2)
- Surgery Victim
- Hunter Bears (x2)
- Spanish Marionette
- The Hoarder
- Ballerina with a Slit Throat
- Ballerina With a Doll Mask
- Bedsheet Mummy Nurse
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Chucky and Billy appeared in one of the rooms as Easter Eggs.
- This house tied for House of the Year in 2014 along with Halloween.
- Charles Gray has said this house is one of his favorite houses alongside Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces.
- Charles Gray has said the team have named many scenes in many houses, in this house, the first scene you enter is titled "Handmade". Inside there are many different handmade dolls.
- The idea for Dollhouse is that it's created and made with doll parts so when you see inside the cracked walls you could actually see mold and doll hands that make this house.
- In the baby room, they cooked up the scent Baby Powder & well you know the rest.
- Gray has said that Hoarder character is an example of how the team uses make up or masks or prosthetics within the house.
- A beheaded Carebear and it's patch could be seen on a plaque on the wall.
- In 2020, a story based around this house was released by Charles Gray. The story would be called "Dollhouse of the Damned".
|Halloween Horror Nights 24|
|Haunted Houses: AVP: Alien vs. Predator • Dollhouse of the Damned • Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood • From Dusk Till Dawn • Giggles & Gore Inc. • Halloween • Roanoke: Cannibal Colony • The Walking Dead: The End of the Line|
|Scarezones: Bayou of Blood • Face Off: In the Flesh • MASKerade: Unstitched • The Purge: Anarchy|
|Shows: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure • The Rocky Horror Picture Show: A Tribute|