Originally, each island at Universal's Islands of Adventure was meant to convey that everything was part of Cindy's disturbed mind, with every scareactor and creature part of her "playthings". The story of Cindy was changed due to the fact that there was a string of child abductions at the time and was replaced with The Caretaker. Later, she became to be known as his daughter in later works starting with Screamhouse: The Resurrection. She was also meant to be the icon for Halloween Horror Nights: Twenty Years of Fear, but the idea was scrapped.
Contrary to popular belief, Cindy actually first appeared in Halloween Horror Nights 13’s haunted house, Screamhouse: Revisited. In the kitchen scene, a young girl who resembles Cindy is caged under the kitchen counters… with her brother.
Appearances at Halloween Horror Nights Orlando[edit | edit source]
- Screamhouse: Revisited (2003) (Unofficial)
- Screamhouse: The Resurrection (2006) (Corpse)
- Shadows from the Past (2009)
- Fear Revealed (2010)
- The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes (2010)
- Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters & Mayhem (2015)
- ICONS: HHN (2015)
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During Halloween Horror Nights 22, Cindy was revealed to be a part of The Morphan Legion, most likely because of her childish nature.
- In the house The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes and the original scrapped lore of Halloween Horror Nights: Twenty Years of Fear, it is said that Cindy has pyrokinetic powers. However, that power hasn't been seen in later years for unknown reasons.
- The blonde girl floating in the walls in The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes was to represent the original Cindy Caine before she became evil and evolved into her darker side with dark hair and darker look. The "original" Cindy Caine could also be seen on a painting in Screamhouse: The Resurrection.
- Cindy's darker look as shown through an image is supposed to represent her as a Porcelain Doll because when she burned down the Orfanage, she herself had gotten burned. This caused her to wear a Porcelain Doll mask in the original concept look for Halloween Horror Nights: Islands of Fear, and then evolve into the darker look she would later take on. The version seen as a scareactor at the event is the version of Cindy after she takes on her darker look.
- Cindy's development from good to evil takes some influence from Silent Hill's character Alessa and her darker version of herself.
|Halloween Horror Nights: Sweet 16|
|Characters: Jack the Clown • The Caretaker • The Director • The Storyteller (Event Icons) • The Projectionist • The Inmates of Shadybrook Asylum • Eddie Schmidt • Cindy Caine • Norman Bates|
|Haunted Houses: All Nite Die-In: Take 2 • Dungeon of Terror: Retold • People Under the Stairs: Under Construction • PsychoScareapy: Maximum Madness • Psycho Path: The Return of Norman Bates • Run: Hostile Territory • Screamhouse: The Resurrection|
|Scarezones: Blood Masquerade • Deadtropolis: Zombie Siege • Harvest of the Souls|
|Unofficial Scarezone: Horror Comes Home|
|Shows: The Arrival • Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure • Robosaurus • Sweet 16: The Director's Cut|